Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Nice...thanks! You pretty happy with the added color?

Yes, I am very happy with my lighting right now, wouldn't change much tbh. I might add two more T5's, probably 1 actinic and 1 coral plus or both actinic if I get frisky but my current combination is growing coral and has good coloration so it's tough to want to change.

Thanks in advance>...
I'm looking to get 2 x MarsAqua Dimmable 300w LED Aquarium Light lighting Full Spectrum to cover my 120g tank.

I've skimmed a lot of this thread and there is a wealth of information here. I would like to know about disco effect these lights produce?

Thanks,
John

Looking at jumping on the bandwagon here. Im getting stuff together and Im stumped as to what size to get for my 40B. I was thinking of the 300W, as that would provide full length coverage, but is that to much?

Depending if I go with the 300W or 165W what height do you mount them at? Im planning a SPS tank, clams, etc...

Ohh, by the way.. I watched that BRS video with the wife.. That whole starting on fire thing has us both worried, although I cant really find any confirmation of this... thoughts??

Last edited:
Looking at jumping on the bandwagon here. Im getting stuff together and Im stumped as to what size to get for my 40B. I was thinking of the 300W, as that would provide full length coverage, but is that to much?

Depending if I go with the 300W or 165W what height do you mount them at? Im planning a SPS tank, clams, etc...

Ohh, by the way.. I watched that BRS video with the wife.. That whole starting on fire thing has us both worried, although I cant really find any confirmation of this... thoughts??

been said many times. the 300w is best version for a 40b cause of exactly what you stated. its provides more coverage... and 10"+ above water line.. and no it can not be to much simply cause its dimmable(manually!!!)

been said many times. the 300w is best version for a 40b cause of exactly what you stated. its provides more coverage... and 10"+ above water line.. and no it can not be to much simply cause its dimmable(manually!!!)

Thank you, I skimmed the thread, but obviously missed the needed info. Can you please tell me how much clearance is needed above the unit? This will be mounted in a canopy (which isnt built yet), but I want to keep it as small as possible.

That what I was wondering if it would make it worse.

Has anyone tried the Ledgle black box? Another CBB but with 5watt emitters and a layout leaning more to the 18-20k color>

I've been doing a little research on these lights. The 2 biggest complaints seem to be the narrow light projection and the disco effect. Can anyone confirm if removing some, or all, of lenses would solve these issues?

I am considering 165w for my 20g long, but I'm not sure the projection will be broad enough to light the ends of the tank. The 300w would fit perfectly, but a bit overkill.

the disco effect. .

This is so subjective. My MH and VHO had the same effect and I like the shimmer.

ON these it does help to replace green/red leds. You can add a diffuser if your personal taste likes less.

I have lights more spread out which is said to increase this, I love the way they are. I was worried about it from all the online chatter. In person its not a problem. Your miles may vary

165 is way overkill for a 20L

My 125g tank is an old tank and it has 2 plastic braces that run front to back along the top.

The 2x MarsAqua 300's is casting 2 shadows. I did not have that problem years ago when I was running MH lighting with actinic tubes. I was running it with the florescent lights that originally came with it be decided to convert from fish to reef.

I have the MarsAqua mounted 5 inches off the water surface.

Will moving them further away fix the shadows?

Does anybody know the MarsAqua 300w is 0-10v or 1-10v?

I'm considering connecting it to a Neptune and if it's 1-10v it will never turn off.

Does anybody know the MarsAqua 300w is 0-10v or 1-10v?

I'm considering connecting it to a Neptune and if it's 1-10v it will never turn off.

If it is similar to the reef radiance black boxes I had. It's 1-10, I just programmed the ramp up down and turned the outlet on and off at the beginning/end of the ramping cycle.

I loved the shimmer from my Halides on my 90 reef. The shimmer/disco from LEDs just isn't the same, imo. Unfortunately, it's hard to justify running them compared to LEDs.

A 165 is overkill for 20g long. That's the beauty of the dimming feature. Gives me the option of using it for a variety of tank sizes.

I have the Fluval M90 tank would the 165w be sufficent enough

900mm (L)x 400mm (H)x 300mm(W)

& are these a good upgrade to the basic fluval full spectrum led that came with it?

Regards

Back