Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I have the Fluval M90 tank would the 165w be sufficent enough

900mm (L)x 400mm (H)x 300mm(W)

& are these a good upgrade to the basic fluval full spectrum led that came with it?

Regards

Not really. They cover 24/24 pretty well, but even at 24 they still have shadows on the ends.

I have a mars aqua fixture over my frag tank almost two years ago. Grows SpS like a champ. It's all about finding the spectrum and NOT tinkering. Too many people leave negative reviews about leds because they can just leave things alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

just wondering would a mars aqua 165w be ok for my TMC signature 600 with mainly sps?

Also how high would you hang the unit off the water surface?

Thanks.

Hi all,

just wondering would a mars aqua 165w be ok for my TMC signature 600 with mainly sps?

Thanks.

You would want 2 for a 2' X 2' with SPS dominant, they do not have a verywide spread out of there inital footprint. I would mount them 12" off the water line.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Better to post the dimensions of the tank than the brand. If it’s more than 24” than you will need a bigger light. I have 2 over my 36” 90g.

I just bought 2 Mars Aqua 165w for my new 120g reef. I will be keeping SPS and LPS corals. Just wondering how much power you folks think I should keep each channel on? I currently have both the blue and white channels both at 50% power on both lights...I will slowly increase all to 75% as the corals get acclimated.

Does anyone suggest keeping one channel higher than the other or have any better ideas? Thanks in advance!

I just bought 2 Mars Aqua 165w for my new 120g reef. I will be keeping SPS and LPS corals. Just wondering how much power you folks think I should keep each channel on? I currently have both the blue and white channels both at 50% power on both lights...I will slowly increase all to 75% as the corals get acclimated.

Does anyone suggest keeping one channel higher than the other or have any better ideas? Thanks in advance!

Ramp the Blue up gradually to 100%, Whites I would not run over 50-60% on any tank due to how intense they are.

How are the MARS LEDs doing for sps now that they been around for several years now? Looming at a new 65g build maybe and looking at 2 165w MARS for lighting. Tank will be sps.

I'm building out a custom dual sided tank with the following dimensions: 104" long 12" wide 15" high. I am considering these lights and was wondering if 5 165w or 3 300w would be best? Has anyone built out a long shallow/narrow tank like this? Any recommendations or warnings to these dimensions? I have seen small pico tanks that are amazing with very shallow and narrow dimensions...just looking to have a really long version for myself. Appreciate any and all feedback.

Just be cautious of the hotspots directly underneath the lights has intense par.

That shallow I would build a diffuser

You would be able tp raise then high off the shallow tanks

Just be cautious of the hotspots directly underneath the lights has intense par.

That shallow I would build a diffuser

You would be able tp raise then high off the shallow tanks

I also wouldn't mind running them at a low intensity to avoid the fans cutting on. Might consider making the tank 20" vs. 15" tall as well. So would you suggest the 165w and maybe 4 instead of 5?

I also wouldn't mind running them at a low intensity to avoid the fans cutting on. Might consider making the tank 20" vs. 15" tall as well. So would you suggest the 165w and maybe 4 instead of 5?

They cover a 24" area but you will get shadows when going that far.

5 would be better

No they don't thye drop off pretty rapidly outisde there footprint. I tested PAR on mine anything about 2-3" outside the LED layout as basically nothing at the hieght you need to mount them at.

why cut out what I actually said? ""you will get shadows when going that far""

so if i were to be at a 15" height with a 12" width...how high off the water would you mount the lights? thinking 5 165w units to cover 104" length. Also looking for other similar long narrow and shallow room divider style tanks or suggestions on what could be bad about this setup.

what could be bad about this setup.

negative is the lack of built in separate timers for blue and white channels. and 2 required power cords instead of one.

I believe viparspectra is the same light but has built in features, 1 cord?

I run ocean revive which is similar but spread out leds and built in timers.

these lights are 16" wide, so 5 evenly spaced would grow anything in your tank

I would have them 15"-20" above the water as shallow as your tank is.

I have mine 8" and in a 30" deep tank run 50% but still ramping up percentage with time.

So I have a 75G (4ft long) and am experiencing sone shadowing with my 2x 165W marsaquas. The secondary optics it has are 60 degrees so I am thinking that that is too sharp and wanted to replace it with 90 degree lenses. What do you guys think?

So I have a 75G (4ft long) and am experiencing sone shadowing with my 2x 165W marsaquas. The secondary optics it has are 60 degrees so I am thinking that that is too sharp and wanted to replace it with 90 degree lenses. What do you guys think?

They should be 90deg. Either way these lights put out lots of par pop the lenses off and you will have 120deg spread. If you need lower them 2-3" to up the PAR.

Back