Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Does anyone have any before/after photos of their tanks with the lenses (or some lenses) removed? I'm curious to see the difference.

Took them all off and no canopy. I just went ahead and order the 90 degree lenses. But there coming from China so who knows when they'll arrive :(

Merry Christmas everyone.. Just a quick ??? Im going to start building the canopy for my 40B, using the 300W black box... About how high should the light be off of the water?

I believe viparspectra is the same light but has built in features, 1 cord?

Yes.

This thread has boomed since I last looked at it almost a year ago. I went with the viparspectra and have 3 on my 180.

I run a softie tank so I cannot comment about sps growth etc, but that said these are very good for the price paid. Had no problems with the tank which was previously on 250w MH's.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
What do you guys think about this layout?

attachment.php

The blues, listed as 470, are 460-470nm.

Attachments

• bblankledlayout2018.jpg
    bblankledlayout2018.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the feed back.

I wouldn't mind doing so. May i ask why? I've seen all other lighting manufacturers incorporate those into fixtures. Anything specific?

Red and green are said to amplify the disco effect.

3500 is just to yellow, don't want it. Its to easy to swap out.

many youtube vids of people modding these lights

I believe that green looking LED is in reality cyan with 490-505nm and you want to keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red and green are said to amplify the disco effect.

3500 is just to yellow, don't want it. Its to easy to swap out.

many youtube vids of people modding these lights
Well, really need the red for photosynthesis. Preferably, for chlorophyll A and C2. I know too much red can cause bleaching so i'm trying to keep it at 5% of total light. I guess for me, disco isn't a concern and slightly relative when using 120 deg lenses.

Green (500-530nm) mostly cancels whites but i'm using cyan(490nm) which has a slightly high rate of absorption for that. So, i'm comfortable with keeping that out.

I think I also agree on the warm white. Though, it will help with reducing an over all windex coloration.

Yeah, i've been toying with swaping chips for several years now. Not a big deal.

Hi everyone.
Just got my Aqua Mars 165w for my 120 liter tank. I hung it 25 cm above water and I got a nice spread.
For next days I'm keeping white and blue channel in the minimum, trying to aclimate everything.
How many hours do you guys run your lights? Percentage of channels?
Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Back