Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I've had mine now for a week and corals look great!

fd812a6edefd30076e68ef1810882bd6.jpg

62efe3c4ff298a56885f6543bc832855.jpg

Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long is your tank

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm looking at swapping some of the led diodes in my fixture. Does anyone know what forward current led to use for Mars? There are different ones out there on ebay and I don't want to get the wrong one and fry the unit or worse!

i ordered the 3 watt leds...i believe it the 700ma if thats what you mean

Yes that's what I meant. the forward current. there are a number of variations I just want to get the right one. Do you know if evergrow D120 has the same thing? I happen to have D120 as well and want to tweak with it.

You need two timers as stated, one for white channel and one for the blue channel. I wouldn't run any light system more than 9-10 hours lights on. Remember the animals we keep need that natural cycle of daylight hours and darkness hours.

As far as algae issues, test for P04, reduce photo period and increase nutrient export. Use GFO for P04.

Yes, and Nitrates too.

I suspect the white and red LEDs are also adding to the problem. The spectra of many white LEDs, even Cree X-series white LEDs, include a high output in the 600-700nm (red light) range, which is perfect for plant growth (that's why plant LEDs are predominantly red). They may appear white to the eye, but the spectra definitely include significant red wavelengths.

i believe i read it on there web site that they drive them at like 2.5watts...which is will make them last longer...anyways they are really brite i dont even run them all the way up either...like half way

I don't doubt they're bright. I just hate it when they misrepresent what you're really getting.

I just purchased 2 of the 165w. Any suggestions on mounting them on/over my tank?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I used the supplied mounting kit, but also used nylon-coated wire fishing leaders (the kind saltwater fishermen use to catch toothy critters like bluefish or king mackeral) between the ceiling and the carabiners that came with the light. A pair of ceiling hooks completed the installation.

~Bruce

Since Ive had mine now for a bit, they ONLY concern I have is the total lack of any 420NM Diodes for UV spectrum.
Otherwise, Its totally fine. I incrementally adjusted mine up to 100% blues 75% whites combined with a 39W KZ Fiji Purple T5 and a 15K 39W red sea T5. Soon to be two ATI blue plus bulbs.

The white channel is VERY yellow when on by itself, much like sunlight in mid day during the summer. The reds aren't noticeable to me but I don't feel like there needs to be 4 of them on the 300W model. Maybe 2 max.

The green diodes are just weird... But again, you'd don't notice them at all.

Overall, my SPS have DEFINITELY brightened up quite a lot, growth is decent (dealing with ALK/CA balance right now).

Aesthetically if you are considering this fixture it is a great choice. I can't comment on PAR yet with my 300W.
Mine is suspended Exactly 7" above the waters surface on a 40gallon breeder, SPS/LPS dominated.

Here are some crappy iPhone pictures, colors are brighter in real life. For some reason the phone takes these darker pictures:
photo4-15.jpg

photo2-27.jpg

photo5-4.jpg

Current:
photo%201.jpg

photo%203.jpg

photo%202.jpg
Nothing rong with the pictures they look great. And i like the colors

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I found a clone of these with a white casing. it comes in 2 options

30 blues 440nm 30 warm whites

30 blue 440nm, 2 green 530nm, 4 red 660nm, 2 red 630nm, 8 warm white, 2 cool white. Which should i be getting?

From my understanding corals grow with light in the 400-450nm range. is that ALL they need? If so the first one would have more LEDs in that range.

Here is the links.

First

Second

If this isn't the right place to post let me know, but this seems to be the thread for chinese LEDs.

Does anyone have an issue with these bleaching their coral? I had mine up to 50% and it was bleaching my coral. I now have the white just to a little more than on and it has been better. Think I got the light too close to the water or something.

Back