Mo's 1000G SPS Tank

Hi DiscusHeckeler,

Many of the older photos were with radiums on. To get the tank in I have to stand quite far back, so the tank appears dim, or overexposed.

I'll be doing some shots soon, but I run 5 blue, 2 actinic and 1 coral + now, so the daylights aren't much different to what you see.

Unfortunately, Just turning your lights on with 6 light units above the tank, isn't just a matter of flicking a switch on the wall, which is why it doesn't often happen.

Hopefully there will be some decent shots coming soon though!

How's your tank?

Cheers
Mo

Hi DiscusHeckeler,

Many of the older photos were with radiums on. To get the tank in I have to stand quite far back, so the tank appears dim, or overexposed.

I'll be doing some shots soon, but I run 5 blue, 2 actinic and 1 coral + now, so the daylights aren't much different to what you see.

Unfortunately, Just turning your lights on with 6 light units above the tank, isn't just a matter of flicking a switch on the wall, which is why it doesn't often happen.

Hopefully there will be some decent shots coming soon though!

How's your tank?

Cheers
Mo

Please do not get me wrong. Your photos are perfect and your tank is a dream tank for me. I have been following your thread on UR since you laid the foundations of your purpose built extension all those years ago. I have always been curious to see your corals with reflective colours, but have not had the courage to ask until today in case you took it the wrong way.

Cheers

Bulent

PS. My tank is OK but is insignificant in the grand scheme of things (read this as in comparison to your tank...).

I'm slowly ramping up the new tubes and as it was dark outside, I managed to get a shot without any reflections.

Keen observers will see that I tried to move some coral on the right at the back.
I have a few duplicated corals that I want to move on and free up some space.
The trouble is, I knocked over a rock, that tumbled onto the big Green Aussie Abro stag in the middle.
That toppled over and it took me almost two hours to reposition it. I couldnt glue/ putty it back, so in the end, I cable tied it in place.

The joys of keeping a large reef tank!. I have browned the stag a little now, but hopefully it will pick up again.
At least I have some space to add a couple of new corals!! :thumbsup:

Mo

TankThread1418_zpsfjkcrtoc.jpg

And I thought taking care of a 150 gallon deep tank was bad, I can't imagine. :)

End result looks good, thanks for the FTS.

If you have a go pro, it would be very neat to use the waterproof housing and give us a tour. Your photos are great - I wish I could zoom in on a higher resolution version :)

My god Mo,that pic is aweeeesome!!!
I love the depth of it:inlove:
So natural looking reef!Congrats and thanks too for that pic

If you have a go pro, it would be very neat to use the waterproof housing and give us a tour. Your photos are great - I wish I could zoom in on a higher resolution version :)

I do- at least I did. I'll have to dig it out!

Mo

I do- at least I did. I'll have to dig it out!

Mo

Oh man the thought of a go pro tour in there gives me butterflies... Like going on my first date!!!
That would be crazy..
Beautiful shot, Mo
Are you trying to catch a fish?

Back