My 180 4sided viewable in-wall build

Well, it has been a while. I'm have a good time trying to get growth and color but success eludes me for now.

I just glued a few more pieces tonight and will update with some photos tomorrow.

Some new fish as well including a Hawaiian Flame Wrasse which I think is spectacular!

Thanks for looking!

Update photos! Sorry it has been a while... but here are some photos of the system!

Dining room side
TankShots1of6.jpg

Family room side
TankShots2of6.jpg

TankShots3of6.jpg

Right Side
TankShots4of6.jpg

Left Side wide
TankShots5of6.jpg

Left Side tight
TankShots6of6.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

LOL I didn't realize I left the water-mark on when I was helping ReefWholesale take photos of their new corals... sorry.. :)

Very beautiful... what is your bulb combo? and did you cure your rock before you put in tank?

Thanks very much for the compliment, i'm having some issues coloring up corals and some growth issues as well, but i'm getting control.

I'm currently running the following;
1 - ATI Aquablue Special
4 - ATI Blue Plus
3 - ATI Actinic
2 - ATI Purple Plus

The rock is actually cement! It's all DIY that covers all of the plumbing... Back a few pages, 5 and 6, have some photos of the plumbing that is hidden under that concrete.

Tim,

Wow! That tank is really looking good.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with some of the corals, but to be honest, you'd never know it by looking at the pictures.

Maybe you need to tie me up a bunch of your special flies as a distraction :mixed:

Thanks Ryben. Water levels are a bit high with all the rain so i'm afraid to go out wading for a bit... though looking at the blue-tang i've thought of casting to my tank more than once.. ;)

That is an awesome tank. I love how the overflows and returns are hidden. I would like to do a design similar to yours when I upgrade in a couple of years.

That is an awesome tank. I love how the overflows and returns are hidden. I would like to do a design similar to yours when I upgrade in a couple of years.

Thanks! I just borrowed the ideas from others.. nothing really original with my setup, but i'm really, really happy with it.

So more photos;

New Coral added... has so much potential when it colors up it scares me...
CloseUps24of29.jpg

CloseUps23of29.jpg

Another new coral
CloseUps22of29.jpg

Some of my fav's
CloseUps12of29.jpg

CloseUps11of29.jpg

tank

tank

Still one of my favorite tanks on this forum, when I upgrade to a bigger tank, this is exactly how I hope mine turns out. Great job!

Still one of my favorite tanks on this forum, when I upgrade to a bigger tank, this is exactly how I hope mine turns out. Great job!

Wow Doork, thats an overwhelming compliment with so many excellent tanks on the forum. Thank you so much.

Just a question about your structures climbing up out of the tank like that: do you have any issues with salt creep above the water line, and if so, how are you dealing with it?

Thx,

Dave.M

Just a question about your structures climbing up out of the tank like that: do you have any issues with salt creep above the water line, and if so, how are you dealing with it?

Thx,

Dave.M

Dave,
No issues with salt creep on those pillars... they are the overflows so in the same way your coast-to-coast or other styles do not get creep, these don't either...

now that said... :)

The overflows have the water level about 1/8th of an inch too high... the water line touches the euro-bracing when the flow is on... when there is no flow, it doesn't touch... it's that close...

Anyhow, there are two euro bracing sections that do get salt-creep continually. takes about 8-10 days before it's to a point that I have to clear it for fear of salt-dropping back into the tank and burning corals... but it is a PITA.

:)

Your design is really turning into a great presentation!

It already looks really great. But, once you get some grow out happening, this is going to be an awesome display!!!

Nice work!

Back