My 57 gallons - Closed loop system

Photos of the reef in the 8th month.

IMG_3327_zps4b2a9468.jpg

IMG_3328_zps22883133.jpg

IMG_3329_zps9697eb1e.jpg

Thanks !!

how is the flow reachin the acros? they are growing beautifully.....

Well .. systems normally seen, the flow is done by pumps horizontally. In the system closed-loop flow is vertical. The pumps throws water towards the surface, creating a movement in a "volcano."

There is a very strong flow, but well distributed, ensuring optimal oxygenation, greatly improving the ORP.

will increase circulation, will exchange pumps sicci sincra 2.0 to 3.0.

I hope to improve circulation to the SPS, although they are developing well.

Thanks.

Well .. systems normally seen, the flow is done by pumps horizontally. In the system closed-loop flow is vertical. The pumps throws water towards the surface, creating a movement in a "volcano."

There is a very strong flow, but well distributed, ensuring optimal oxygenation, greatly improving the ORP.

will increase circulation, will exchange pumps sicci sincra 2.0 to 3.0.

I hope to improve circulation to the SPS, although they are developing well.

Thanks.

Ok....... kool man... really awsm...... where is the return line from the sump??

Ok....... kool man... really awsm...... where is the return line from the sump??

In the photo below the red circle is the return pump, the green circle is the path that the return hose runs to the entrance of the upward channel aquarium. Remembering that this system has 3 channels and a drop of water to the sump return.

9732a797-e6de-4a9f-a658-21ac897793f5_zps2ce3890a.jpg

Thanks.

That's one awesome set up very clean. How often do u clean ur glass to look so sharp

Hello Izek !!

usually clean the glass every 2 days, even if not present
many algae. I do not like dirty glasses because it tarnishes the aquarium.

Thanks

After many years using calcium reactor, I decided to try balling.

I made a DIY dosing, which is working very well.

Following pictures:

IMG_3347_zps793ccc04.jpg

IMG_3346_zps6f900190.jpg

Thanks

amazing tank manochio. how is sand etc. kept out of closed loop pump suctions?
sure looks better than vortechs in tank. I wouldn't know where to begin to find those co-axial pipe fittings -- or are they DIY?

thanks for sharin' , tom

Wow that's a beautiful tank. I also like the wood squares background (wall behind the tank). It adds some texture but without taking away from the beauty of the tank.

Back