My 748 Gal A.G.E. Aquaillumination SOL lit Texas Dream Tank Build!

Able to control MP60's along with lights looked fun!

Beautiful tank and great build!

how is the control for the radions mixed with the vortechs? Is it worth getting the same brand to be able to play with them synchronized?

Haven't added the vortechs yet. Right now they are running on apex. Still learning the light setup. Think I will work on that this week.

Hello, man what a build.
I have a question why you swapped the lights out. I've got to think they cost a pretty penny and in reading the thread I can't see a good reason to swap them out. Especially considering this MUST have cost a few grand for this alone correct?

Thanks for the info!

Sorry what peaked my curiosity was your signature.

" You get what you pay for"
Now lit with 12 G3 Pros & Reef Link!

Current Tank Info: 748 Gallon AGE, Lit by 12 G3 Pros

Hello, man what a build.
I have a question why you swapped the lights out. I've got to think they cost a pretty penny and in reading the thread I can't see a good reason to swap them out. Especially considering this MUST have cost a few grand for this alone correct?

Thanks for the info!

Just wanted a new toy. More control over lights, eventual control over vortecs. I sold all my AI units which helped with the cost.

Unfortunately after 11 yrs she has passed away. Got a new one that pretty much sleeps all the time too.

a5e4ety9.jpg

New calcium reactor, now ph is dropping to 7.8 at night and 8 during the day. Hate kalk. Needs refill so often. Tried 4 air stones near effluent and no change. protein skimmer air is from out side. Any ideas besides a kalk reactor or link to a good one.

Thinking about second chamber on calcium reactor but have heard mixed reviews on if that works

An ideas appreciated.

I kind of cheat with my kalkwasser. They say that you should not stir it, if exposed to the air, because it will react with the CO2 in the air. If this happens it will rapidly lower the PH. This is why a reactor is ok since it is not exposed to the air. What I do is take advantage of the natural quality of kalkwasser to develop a hard film on the top. I use a ten gallon of rodi for my top off, and add a little more than recommend to dissolve in that amount of water. I put a small mag pump in the tank and set it up as a dosing pump. It turns on for five minutes every three hours and mixes only the bottom of the tank. The slurry settles back to the bottom, but the PH of the water is now at peak again. The film on top keeps the air from contacting the mixture. This way I get the max benefit of raising PH and buffering calcium and alk. My evaporation is low but my 120 tank keeps a PH between 8.2 and 8.4 this way.
Works for me, but I'd be curious to know what effect it has on a much larger system. I'm planning an upgrade that will be around 1500 gal total volume.

Embeded

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uBvuAtqF_js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL! Thx, Monkiboy. That was excellent! Now I'll have to watch ALL their videos.

OCD? Moi?

Dave.M

Looking great! Still having PH problems or not?

Have you thought about adding another media chamber so it'll drop a little bit?

Looking great! Still having PH problems or not?

Have you thought about adding another media chamber so it'll drop a little bit?

Bought a GHL doser & now stable 8.0-8.3

Sad, I took off the brand new GEO after only 1 month.....

Had some cyno starting & 1 week after doser online it disappeared.

Back