My New 100 Gallon Shallow Rimless SPS Build

Have you noticed any issue with your stand seeming to bow in the middle? When I am looking inside my cabinet, it is very clear that the wood top is bowing down quite a bit. If you can't tell, put something that is like 24" long and straight up against the underside of where your tank is.

Wondering if mine is defective maybe? Lots of $$$ riding on it.

i don't think it's bowing. if it is is not noticeable. did you level the stand completely using a level both long side and short side? my floor was alittle off and i used linoleum to build up the low spots and leveled the tank stand using a bubble level.

i don't think it's bowing. if it is is not noticeable. did you level the stand completely using a level both long side and short side? my floor was alittle off and i used linoleum to build up the low spots and leveled the tank stand using a bubble level.

Yeah, I'm all level. Did you use some type of pad inbetween your tank and top of the stand?

Mine is definately sagging in the middle when looking from inside the stand.

Yeah, I'm all level. Did you use some type of pad inbetween your tank and top of the stand?

Mine is definately sagging in the middle when looking from inside the stand.

yes i used a pad it's on the first page of this thread or here is one of the pics. it's a gym mat from kmart. i also used a black marker to color out the sides of the mat so it all matches.

IMG_3555.jpg

They are azoo fans from drs foster. they are on sale now. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=14701. They are relatively quiet, however if you want them totally inaudible change the powersupply to a 9 vdc and it will blow less air but you will not be able to hear them even at midnight.

How did you mount it to the back of your tank? From what I remember the surface to be mounted on cannot be more than 1/2 inch thick? I unfortunately have a rimmed Aga tank and was wondering how you incorporated it to the back. Thanks

Last edited:
How did you mount it to the back of your tank? From what I remember the surface to be mounted on cannot be more than 1/2 inch thick? I unfortunately have a rimmed Aga tank and was wondering how you incorporated it to the back. Thanks

it fit perfectly on my tank. my tank is 1/2" thick rimless

Nice thread gret tank, any updates?

thanks! haven't taken any update shots since the last post. those were taken 10/27/09 so it's only been like 3 weeks so not too much change. my ca reactor co2 regulator is broken and i will be getting a new one so i can control the ca reactor co2. other than that it's been smooth sailing.

What does your custom kalk reactor look like? I sold my Geo reactor to buy an automated 2 part set up, but was planning a DIY reactor with materials I might have laying around. Still looking for some ideas though.

Rimless Aquarium

Rimless Aquarium

Can somebody tell me where I can find a 90 gallon rimless aquarium for under 400 dollars besides glasscages.com, I have heard so many bad stories about them, I don't even want to risk it.
Email me back
katapilla11@yahoo.com
Thanks

So when are you going to cave in and buy a couple of Vortech's and get rid of all of those powerheads and cables dangling in the tank?

So when are you going to cave in and buy a couple of Vortech's and get rid of all of those powerheads and cables dangling in the tank?

UR funny! I just bought one this week to try it out and I do like it. I've heard so much good and bad experiences from other reefers i had to try it myself. I'll be looking to get another sometime soon!

Back