My New 100 Gallon Shallow Rimless SPS Build

I finally got a chance to stop by Reefsahoy's place to see the tank. I really liked his last Tech Tank, but this one is a step up. The rimmless and depth is just plain nice.

Thanks ptr13, dobly_1999, gasman059, and reeferboy83! I finally got my shipment of corals from my vacation and i'm pretty pleased with the size of most. Unfortunately my wife's camera failed on the last day of vacation so i have no way of downloading any new pictures.:mad: :mad: right now they are on my frag rack waiting to be put into their final places in the tank. when we get a replacement camera i will take some new pics of the tank and post. the wife will have to decide which and when to get the camera because that's her hobby.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477141#post15477141 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rogger Castells
Wow, what a nice tank, congratulations! Feel free to come by my house to p/u some frags for your new jewel.

Rogger

Thanks and thanks for the offer! i wish i had hear from you before going to LA! I got so much corals now i'm not sure what to do with them!lol Right now they are on the frag rack until this weekend when i will have more time to mess with the tank. i'm not sure when the wife will get her new camera but as soon as i can get my hands on it i will take some pics.:D

Here's a pic of a couple frags i got from my LA trip.
IMG_3632-1.jpg

IMG_3631-1.jpg

and now a few pics of the updated version of the tank!:D
I really didn't enhance any of the pictures except for brightness and a slight touch of contrast. I'm still battling the browned out corals from the move but the tank is only a month old now.

FTS
IMG_3622-1.jpg

left island from the front

IMG_3619-1.jpg

right island from the front

IMG_3617-1.jpg

Looking good!

So how do you like the Infiniti fixture? I was going to get a new light for my new build and thinking about one of these. I've always used T5 and was thinking about switching it up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15531061#post15531061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customdusty
Looking good!

So how do you like the Infiniti fixture? I was going to get a new light for my new build and thinking about one of these. I've always used T5 and was thinking about switching it up.

This fixture is really nice! the finish is second to none. well built and lots of quality. it's alittle expensive but if you are looking fot top finish to put in a formal room then this is your fixture. it's still alittle early to tell but i lost some colors to the corals from the move, however with some luck, i have no reason to believe i won't be successful in getting back my colors back.

Did you have to buy ballasts or are they included? For the money you spend, do they at least give you hanging kits and stuff like that?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15532527#post15532527 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customdusty
Did you have to buy ballasts or are they included? For the money you spend, do they at least give you hanging kits and stuff like that?
i bought the 150 watt version which includes 2 electronic ballast. they are tiny in size 8"x4"x1" (thats approx size), and hanging kit. The cables were alittle short for me because i have vaulted cielings so i went to ace hardware and bought replacement cables, solder crimps on the ends so it won't fray out. this light rocks! it's has no sound to it what so ever.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15537292#post15537292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by customdusty
What bulbs are you using now? What were you using?
I'm using 4 x giesseman atinic + 2 x 150 watt giesseman 13.5K hqi's

Back