My new mag

Yea I think you are pretty in the clear. My well established one does something similar but actually looks way worse. Mine totally deflates and looks dead. Does it as it’s getting rid of waste every time. I’ve stopped feeding mine totally to avoid it.

Thank you both for the words of encouragement��

I just did a 50/50 with display water and turned the lights up a little more on each channel. Its really hard to not just put it in the display at this point but patience and going slowly has gotten me this far so I know a few more days will be more beneficial. I'm going to do one more wc in 2 days with tank water and go from there.

It looks like you saved it. Well done. I guess I got lucky with the 3 mags I have. They came in looking fantastic and never needed treatment. This is my first success with the species. Previous ones have just fallen apart. I filter my water with carbon in a Diatom filter about once per week. Turbulent water currents and powerful LEDS I believe are key to keeping mags.

I was hoping I would get lucky so I put it in the display but unfortunately after that it was all down hill. I'll consider it a success though when it's been in the main tank for about a month.

Between the 2 mp10's and my maxspect razr w/t5 supplements I think I should have enough of both to keep it happy and healthy.

Figured I'd do an update. Last night after lights out I decided to move it from quarantine to the display tank.

After the transfer.
69c4e71bd4b57396c79c5b6f513ac11a.jpg

FTS
560e41d9cdb6edf899b1fac855763350.jpg

This morning after the lights started to ramp up with the right side mp10 on. He already started to move 6in to the right.
8f4c36bb88f3ca3ac32a25c3e94906c9.jpg

After all the lights had come on, turned t5's of for the photo, and both mp10's running. It seems to have stopped here.
3e556d697876e78a88c20a7c345bdcf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looking good. Hopefully it will stay there for you. I think it may wander over to the other side of the rock pile though.

It takes awhile for them to settle down. Mine used to move every morning, coming back to the same spot. Finally it did an entire tour of the tank and settled down, hasn't moved for months.

Thank you! Really glad I decided to swap out.

It's been slowly moving to the highest point on the right side but I knew that would be a good possibility. The tank is pretty well devoid of corals except for a few pieces just to see what I could support so it can pretty well go where it wants without harm. Once its settled for a bit I'll begin to add more.

What's a good amount of time to wait before trying to add clowns? I want to add a small pair of percula but want to make sure its fully settled and healthy enough. I figured a month might be enough but open to other suggestions.

Thank you! Really glad I decided to swap out.

It's been slowly moving to the highest point on the right side but I knew that would be a good possibility. The tank is pretty well devoid of corals except for a few pieces just to see what I could support so it can pretty well go where it wants without harm. Once its settled for a bit I'll begin to add more.

What's a good amount of time to wait before trying to add clowns? I want to add a small pair of percula but want to make sure its fully settled and healthy enough. I figured a month might be enough but open to other suggestions.

I don't really think you have to wait for percs. The anemone is big enough that they can't really do much to bother it. Especially if you are going with small ones.

That's definitely good to know. With all the deformities and duller colors from cb clowns I want to try and locate some wild caught ones.

That's definitely good to know. With all the deformities and duller colors from cb clowns I want to try and locate some wild caught ones.

Good luck. Wild ones are nice. I still prefer CB ones direct from the breeder since they are pretty bullet proof. I agree with the deformities obviously but I'm not sure I agree that well bred CB ones are duller.

Thanks davocean and pfan, I'm hoping it gets some nice lavender or purple color to it. It looks like it has the potential. I'll be on the look out and see what I can find for clowns.

I'll agree with you on that though pfan, the cb are pretty solid. Unfortunately I don't know where I could get any direct from a breeder. The clowns and nem were to be the center piece of the tank so I really want a pair of clowns that will stand out out.

One thing I like about cb is they seem less aggressive to ME

Many see the hand as a host or at least friendly, especially if you get them very young, so my present and past percs I got young were super cool to me, even if I'm grabbing eggs they don't bite me.

It's a pretty big plus for me

I searched for perfect clowns for nearly a year, and actually found mine on ebay of all places.

I follow a fb page called clownfish marketplace, lots of breeders on there, be picky and observe closely in vid and pics would be my advice if you go that route.

Try not to have shipped during harsh weather, but other than that shipping fish is pretty well down most of the time

One thing I like about cb is they seem less aggressive to ME

Many see the hand as a host or at least friendly, especially if you get them very young, so my present and past percs I got young were super cool to me, even if I'm grabbing eggs they don't bite me.

It's a pretty big plus for me

I searched for perfect clowns for nearly a year, and actually found mine on ebay of all places.

I follow a fb page called clownfish marketplace, lots of breeders on there, be picky and observe closely in vid and pics would be my advice if you go that route.

Try not to have shipped during harsh weather, but other than that shipping fish is pretty well down most of the time

I have heard a few stories of clowns nipping and drawing blood, doesnt sound pleasant. I try to keep my hands out whenever possible.

Thanks for the heads up and advice, I'll definitely have to look into that.

Your hands will be in tank, whether or not to wear gloves or not up to you, but you will most likely be gluing frags or scrubbing glass or rearranging things.

I used to have a nasty maroon, and I broke so many corals from her sneak attacks that would always surprise and startle me, and I'm not a small sissy guy, I'm a carpenter and I don't even acknowledge most splinters or cuts these days I'm so used to it, but that dang maroon...

Anyway, it's SO nice knowing I can put my hand in tank and not have blood drawn, not only from that maroon, but sometimes I'd get bit by her AND jabbed by the coral I just broke just from flinching!

I admit I dont nor have I ever worn gloves. I know it's highly recommended by some, I guess it's just faster and easier not to. Knock on wood I dont eat those words.

That would be my biggest worry is breaking corals, after the amount of work and effort that goes in to grow a colony out. My monti used to be bigger till I broke it. Was a sad day.

Oh I broke a huge purple monti thanks to that maroon, have a pic somewhere.

Not only did she bite me, but if I stuck a coral what she considered too close to her area she would literally bite and lift it w/ her mouth and carry it away, and if she could not lift it, she would actually head butt it to pieces.
I so do not miss that maroon!

I don't wear gloves either, lazy I guess.

I did start wearing a shiny watch back then as I realized she would bite at her reflection in that watch instead of me!

Maroon memories...

My mo ti has been my fastest grower so far but I can already see new growth and it doesnt look like it will disturb the growth pattern too much.

I decided long ago maroons weren't for me. To many horror stories and just never was a big fan. I know some love them though. I wanted either true percs or onyx pervs but finally decided on true. I do recall reading one of your posts not that long ago where you recommended wearing a watch to distract from your hand. Sounds like a great idea to me! Might just have to buy one if theres issues. Any recommendations on a specific watch that you don't have to worry about being in the tank? I know even most plastic ones use different metals in them.

Back