My New SPS Reef

Beautiful Denadai. With your Reef skills you can show that ANY lighting will work...MH, T5 or LED! :thumbsup:

Very nice, as always innovative layout and an inspiration to me.

Sand? I use white acrylic in my tank based on your former ulns reef, love it.

Well i must say what a great read over the last two days. Its funny but your thread and tank has made me want to get back into the reef / sps. I was truly getting out of the hobby all together or just going to have a fish only tank with Fake corals until i read your thread. So im not sure if i should thank you or be mad at you :)

But truly a wonderful set of tanks over the years. very well done. Im not sure how your 4 foot tank never received TOM but for sure one of the best.

know i have to read up on Balling and the siporax.

Just wondering would siporax be the same as using lots on little pvc connection fittings or is the siporax very pores like a sponge?

Last edited:
Hello denadai, congratulation for tanks, is impresionant, i have some question, in other tank you used white acrylic, is plexiglas? I go used plexiglas in "starboard" i can have problems of fold? And why now used sand and don,t acrylic? Very thanks

Well i must say what a great read over the last two days. Its funny but your thread and tank has made me want to get back into the reef / sps. I was truly getting out of the hobby all together or just going to have a fish only tank with Fake corals until i read your thread. So im not sure if i should thank you or be mad at you :)

Just wondering would siporax be the same as using lots on little pvc connection fittings or is the siporax very pores like a sponge?

Very nice...keep going and I want to see your reef running soon ! I think siporax has more pores.

Wow very modern styled. Can you take some pictures of your sump? Just curious haha

I will.

sorry if i skimmed though the thread its a long one ....hows the BK performing ??

BK is an awesome skimmer, you can´t go wrong with one. Now I´m using reef octopus 1000 and I´m also very happy

Denadai

Why did you go from T5 to LED?

Just curious

Thanks

Size and heat. With led´s I don´t need nothing to keep the water in the right temperature range. I´m using now the new hydra 52 and the visual looks like I´m using T5, very nice what the 52 do.

Hello denadai, congratulation for tanks, is impresionant, i have some question, in other tank you used white acrylic, is plexiglas? I go used plexiglas in "starboard" i can have problems of fold? And why now used sand and don,t acrylic? Very thanks

Was acrylic. The problem of acrylic is that you need to clean often....with sand I don´t...but both of them is fine.

About the plexiglas , if the thickness is too thin maybe you can have problems with fold

Best Regards

Very thank, plexiglas have 5mm, congratulation again for this reef, it's impresionant
Very thanks :)
Very nice...keep going and I want to see your reef running soon ! I think siporax has more pores.

I will.

BK is an awesome skimmer, you can´t go wrong with one. Now I´m using reef octopus 1000 and I´m also very happy

Size and heat. With led´s I don´t need nothing to keep the water in the right temperature range. I´m using now the new hydra 52 and the visual looks like I´m using T5, very nice what the 52 do.

Was acrylic. The problem of acrylic is that you need to clean often....with sand I don´t...but both of them is fine.

About the plexiglas , if the thickness is too thin maybe you can have problems with fold

Best Regards

A short video that I did today : ( the noise is my son playing lego city in wii U and my bird cúrio singing ) :lmao:

Best Regards

Awesome 20g nano tank.

Do you think it is easier to keep corals in a smaller tank (20-40g) or a larger tank (55-120g)?

Is it really difficult to do SPS in a smaller volume, or does it make it much easier. I have a 75g & a 29g, but I always wanted to do a 20g dedicated SPS tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf0reSnnmrA

Hi,

Here is the idea. I took this pic before glue the last glass.

The thin glass around is only 4mm, and the hole that you can see ( the arrow ) has 4mm x 100 mm , this little hole is bigger than a pipe of 1/2" and is plenty to my overflow. We are using this kind of overflow for years, so far so good.

After that you just have to glue the little magical box bellow the main display

sextovidro.jpg

Best regards

magic overflow!
what was the black bar made of?

Back