My Pico...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14640194#post14640194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msch1999
Looking good Scott

Thanks!! :D

The pink ones I got from you I epoxied to the tip of the live rock on the left hand side of my tank and they're doing awesome!! The polyps are HUGE! And the tentacles are really long... :D

004-11.jpg

001-18.jpg

002-10.jpg

004-12.jpg

005-6.jpg

008-3.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

Thanks!! I really appreciate it. :)

I'm sick @ home today. Bleh. I felt like crap yesterday @ work. I went in for an hours this morning and just couldn't take it anymore. I have this wicked cold. I made it all winter without getting sick @ all. And now I feel like crap.

I know a lot of you have an exciting weekend coming up with the whole DFS field trip planned. I'm sure you guys (and gals) are gonna have a blast and come home with plenty of goodies!! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14697631#post14697631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigreef74
dang thats thing is clean! my nano looks like jungle.

:D

Thanks!! I appreciate it.

I'm really OCD with my pico tank right now. haha. I'm constantly cleaning it. I do a half gallon water change religiously every Saturday morning. At the same time, I clean the glass and also use a turkey baster on the live rock in my tank.

I change my filter floss every 2-3 days pretty consistently. And I also use PURA Complete... it's sort of an all-in-one nitrate / phosphate remover and I think it does a good job @ keeping the water really polished. :)

Wow man that is a Rockin tank all the lil Zoo's.. i like the lil refugium that is sick ! if u get a chance i would like to see what it looks like a lil more. is that just in a filter instead of carbon.. i was thinking of setting up a tank for my lil girl about that size or maybe lil bigger .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14710097#post14710097 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Maxxlaval
Wow man that is a Rockin tank all the lil Zoo's.. i like the lil refugium that is sick ! if u get a chance i would like to see what it looks like a lil more. is that just in a filter instead of carbon.. i was thinking of setting up a tank for my lil girl about that size or maybe lil bigger .

Thanks!!!

Yeah, it's a modified AquaClear 70 filter. In one of the "compartments" houses my filter media bag with the PURA Complete and my filter floss. In the other compartment is my heater, chaeto and submersible lights.

It's pretty simple... but very effective. :)

I appreciate the comments!

* UPDATE!! *

First... I gave my little Red-Legged Hermit Crab a small piece of nori yesterday. Well, it seemed small at the time. He actually "rolled" over onto his back and proceeded to eat the nori this way. Once my Margarita Snail got word of what was going on... he made his way over and snatched a piece of the nori from the crab. It was pretty cool to see though. And it was kinda hilarious to watch the crab eat this piece of nori on his back. :D

001-19.jpg

I got this new addition today. Eagle Eyes... *mmm* :)

002-11.jpg

003-9.jpg

Sorry your sick.
Wow your tank looks great!

I love the rockwork and the zoa's. Nice fuge you made also.

Just be sure to keep an eye on the temp in the summer. They can heat up pretty fast.
I always ran a fan on my 12 gal cuz it would get hot fast.

kass

Kass, did you mod the hood of your aquapod? You can open up the cooling slots (on the middle of top and on the fans) and add a second fan. Also get rid of the stock water pump and go with a MJ900. All these mods will help keep the temps in line.

Thanks for the comment!! I appreciate it... :)

Definitely feeling a lot better than I have the last couple of days. Still not 100% but I'm making progress.

Thanks a lot for looking!!

No I did'nt mod mine. I got a viper clip on mh for it so now have an open top. I always did leave the hood open about an inch though also. Just blowing a fan on it always really helped.
I just wanted to remind him to watch those small tanks cuz mine would heat up fast in the summer even when it didnt seem that hot out.
I just switched my 12 to a 24 and have the open top now so not sure what this summer will be like. I'll prolly still run a box fan by it.

kass

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14713761#post14713761 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ru ru ru rumpsk
Just stumbled onto your write-up on 'the other' site... very nice!

Gotta find that same AC70 deal.

Thanks!!

I usually use the other reef discussion forum because it's geared more towards nanos and pico tanks. But I frequent RC because of the interest here at FVRC and getting to know more people locally.

There's no way I'll ever be able to top the AC70 deal I found... PetCo. had it cheaper that weekend than even any of Internet sites I could find with free shipping. :D

** EDIT **

I stand corrected. The new frag I acquired yesterday turns out to be Whammin' Watermelons... not Eagle Eyes which look similar. :) Damn these silly common names!!!

Taken from another member on another discussion board...

"I don't think there is a difference between Eagle Eyes and Whammin' Watermelons. They're just common trade names used by coral sellers for marketing. IMO, they're the same morph just different names used by different sellers. Some people unsuccessfully try and claim the ring on a WW is more red and EE is more orange, but that's IMO just due to lighting differences and the individual colony.

Call them Eagle Eyes because Whammin Watermelon just sounds stupid."

Back