My Second Wave

wsboyette

Early last month I suffered a total loss of livestock due to a stupid mistake I made messing with the filter media; killed off most of the established bacteria colony and caused the tank to cycle again..... Made me very sick at heart. But now I am happy to present the beginning of my second wave; the tank is well established now, and I have acquired two Maroon Clowns and a Coral Beauty Angel (who is at present hiding in the "reef"). Now the water is nice and clear, and the new Aquamaxx skimmer/filter unit is functioning perfectly. I am now satisfied with the setup, it is thus far the most beautiful I have had yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Looks good! The fake corals are nice too. However many there are, that same number of real corals get to stay right where they are, in the sea.

Looks good! The fake corals are nice too. However many there are, that same number of real corals get to stay right where they are, in the sea.

Thanks Michael ! Yes, it has much of the beauty without the trouble of
maintaining a real live reef. Maintenance of the setup is much easier, that is why
I opted for fish-only. The fish seem to like the setup, they swim in and out of the
structure in the tank. And yes, those artificial reefs do cut down the demand
for live coral from the ocean !

Last edited:
Back