My sweet new "true" polyps

flyyyguy

King of the white corals
Premium Member
If you are going to use the names to distinguish one polyp from another, and you throw the word "true" in the name, and you cannot clearly trace your coral back to the ONE AND ONLY original named colony, then you are misrepresenting/misadvertising that coral. PERIOD.

The descriptive word "true" is a stupid term and this is coming from one who thinks the name game is beneficial as we can use one ridiculous silly trendy word to describe what would take a short paragraph of real descriptive terms.

Who cares if you got them from the original namer or you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy who came across a polyp that hadnt already been named. All that matters is that it is a aquacultured coral and you know what it looks like. Just becasue it isnt "true" doesnt mean it isnt as nice or even nicer than the originally named.

So quit calling your polyps true as they probably arent, and it doesnt make them special anyway.

rant over :D

pff BS i have true eagle eyes and true whammin watermelons they came with certificate of authenticity signed in triplicate and notarized by blane perun and steve tyree i sell them for $50 per polyp if you wnat some :p

nah...Im always angry regardless of what time I woke up or how well I slept.....

Now lets talk about how all of you people are allowing yourselves to get raped and paying high end aquacultured prices for trendy named corals when in fact they are freshly caught wild corals coming from chop shop hacks and are most likely going to die on you anyway.......

:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018148#post15018148 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kdocimo90
lol looks like true woke up on the wrong side of the COUCH this morning

thats not a bad thought actually....I SHOULD be sleeping on the couch. My wife has recentluy acquired this horrible snoring thing. She has always had a soft rumble, but lately she sounds like your dont have enough water in your sump and your return pump is sucking it

I had a pillow over her head the other night and she got all mad thinking i was trying to kill her again, but I was honestly just trying to change the sound a little.......

lmao that was hilarious to read. You have to get one of those nostril spreader things and stick it on her while shes sleeping

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018181#post15018181 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flyyyguy
I had a pillow over her head the other night and she got all mad thinking i was trying to kill her again,
but I was honestly just trying to change the sound a little.......
Bwahahaha.... :rollface:

True means something totally different to me and i only relate them with RPEs and GPEs... and it has nothing to do with where/who they came from.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018453#post15018453 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by the808state
True means something totally different to me and i only relate them with RPEs and GPEs...

out of curiousity...what does true mean to you in relation to those polyps??

I have or have had at least 6 clearly different polyps that could all accurately be referred to as RPE's, 2 of which being straight up knockouts yet clearly not the same regardless of environmental morphing. And had at least 4 clearly different polyps that could be accurately referred to as GPE's, a couple of which much nicer than the others, although I wouldnt call them knockouts, but that is of course perception and it takes something special to make me really like anything green. GPE's just the same. Im not sure how the word true could apply there to add any descriptive value, but genuinely curious. :)

hard to say without a better picture either under a flash or a camera custom white balanced to your camera, flash preferrable.

I think they could maybe be a similar morph to tubbs blues if nothing else and be accurately called that, although I am almost seeing more red in that skirt that under high light I might even be able to make them go spidermanish.

And yes, I would certainly pay that for them if I wanted them. more than a fair deal IMO as they are nice and blue and blue is always a winner

The Tubbs blues morph is kind of a funny one that can relate directly to my original "true" rant. Tubbs were named before coralpedia and the general name game hobbyists quit accepting peoples names in the commonly accepted names of the polyps. The name itself implies that it is "true", although if that is the case, next to the garf bonsai in the sps collecting circles, it is the single most abused name in the polyp world, although you cant get around it as it is in the name itself. One of those things it is what it is and I still stand that I dont care if you did get it directly from Tubbs. It doesnt make it special and it doesnt mean that arent equally nice polyps that have been introduced that can certainly go by the same name.

I got these from a guy, who got them from a guy who supposedly got them from Tubbs, and I would be inclined to think he was beign honest. lol Im actually serious, but who cares. Here are my tubbs and I certainly couldnt put my word behind the fact that they are indeed true and from tubbs original colony.

tblues.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018529#post15018529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flyyyguy
out of curiousity...what does true mean to you in relation to those polyps??

I have or have had at least 6 clearly different polyps that could all accurately be referred to as RPE's, 2 of which being straight up knockouts yet clearly not the same regardless of environmental morphing. And had at least 4 clearly different polyps that could be accurately referred to as GPE's, a couple of which much nicer than the others, although I wouldnt call them knockouts, but that is of course perception and it takes something special to make me really like anything green. GPE's just the same. Im not sure how the word true could apply there to add any descriptive value, but genuinely curious. :)

RPE: (not my pic)
RPE2.jpg

True RPE:
TRPE-1.jpg

GPE: (not my pic)
IMG_6919.jpg

True GPE: (not my pic)
J3-75.jpg

I'm sure you see the pattern here...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018663#post15018663 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by the808state

I'm sure you see the pattern here...

actually i dont, unless the word true implies it has a dark blue/purple oral disk. Although both of the RPE's I regard as knockouts both have that dark oral disk, one of which with solid colors in the face, the other with the purple stripes.....my connection is slow,.....i need to keep looking for the one thats solid..........

Those last green ones are sweet. not sure if I have seen the greens with the blue disk. I like em. :)

HRPEs.jpg

That is right, you not that slow. :p

blue/purple ring around the mouth and where the skirt hits the oral disc. Usually a faint blue/purple in the stripes as well.

I've seen RPE for sale for $4 per polyp and have seen T-RPE for sale for upwards of $15. I personally would take true RPE or GPE over any of the regular bland ones.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15018780#post15018780 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iFisch
Most def TRUE zoa's, that's for sure!

Make sure to capitilize TRUE first, in order to get another $15 per polyp.

:rollface:

Just kidding.

:mad2:

Back