Need help with Neon Green hammer

Dropping po4 too suddenly can (usually does) cause more harm than good.. just keep that in mind as well. Smaller batches of GFO changed more frequently will usually help you play it safer.

Ok I manage to borrow my buddies test kit and it looks like as of last night my PO4 was reading at 8 . Yikes! so this morning I changed out the GFO and carbon and so far within the past 12hrs i did a quick test and it now reads 0.

I noticed my sunflower was starting to stretch out again so its a positive sign. However I do need to clean the sand up a bit and probably change out the GFO again within the next week or two just to keep things up to par.

Do you mean-

.8 and not 8? That doesn't seem right.

What test kit are you using?

Buy a Salifert Alk test or Hanna Alk Checker. Either would be well worth the 25 to 40 dollar investment. Heck a wall hammer costs more than that.

Too much P04 can cause problems too.
Alk? Ca?

I didn't test for Ca but Alk reading was KH 6.7/ ALK 2.39 it was on the low side. But I'm going to check that later today

Dropping po4 too suddenly can (usually does) cause more harm than good.. just keep that in mind as well. Smaller batches of GFO changed more frequently will usually help you play it safer.

Yea I'm still new to all this but I realize that the past few months of running my GFO, I didn't realize i had to change out the media at least once a month. Overall I don't have any fishes in the tank right now so through out the day the softies I have started to show progress but I'll make note of that! Thanks bvysochin :)

Do you mean-

.8 and not 8? That doesn't seem right.

What test kit are you using?

Buy a Salifert Alk test or Hanna Alk Checker. Either would be well worth the 25 to 40 dollar investment. Heck a wall hammer costs more than that.

.8 Bean too quick on the typing because I was relieved I was able to fix the issue :)

the test kit i'm using was the Salifert Alk test kit and the Hanna PH checker.

I picked up the wall hammer for 30 bucks and only had it for what 3 weeks? so in a way 10 bucks a week to see it disappear :lol:

Thanks again to everyone that chipped in with feedback :)

Back