New Coral

asmodyus

So I got his beauty yesterday notice the tips are whiter today any Idea if that normal acclimation pored for these guys. Spent a pretty penny so I don't want to bleach it right away.
a861851e92a7692889ff99a73c7869d2.jpg

Think its called a pectina. 120 gallon, (8) 48" T5HO, Middle placement of tank.

I believe with these being echinophyllia, I find they do better in lower light, would also be better to start them at the bottom to light acclimate them

Mine did great mid tank, under leds 50% in a 24" tank lights 8" above waterline.

Be careful...the sweepers are long...much like Hollywood stunners. 3"~4" sweepers on my last one. Give it some distance from other corals.

Here is a better picture.

Yeah I have it in the perfect spot and don't want to damage the base to were it might not go back. So I will give it a couple more days if it keeps turning white I will move it down.

Last edited:
Okay I move him to the bottom of my sand bed.

So should I move him up later?

Slowly. To much light can kill a coral much faster then not enough light. Take it slow acclimating to high light. If u have any led they put out more light then u think. The 8t5 u have put out more light then metal halides by alot

Slowly. To much light can kill a coral much faster then not enough light. Take it slow acclimating to high light. If u have any led they put out more light then u think. The 8t5 u have put out more light then metal halides by alot

Beat me to it. Over 400w of t5 there. If it's already bleaching thats no Bueno. What's your light schedule like?

Beat me to it. Over 400w of t5 there. If it's already bleaching thats no Bueno. What's your light schedule like?

9 to 10 (1) 24" XHO Blue LED

10 to 12 pm (4) T5

12 to 6 pm (8) T5

6 to 8 (4) T5

9 to 10 (1) 24" XHO Blue LED

6 Hours Full 8 T5

Here is a pick of my whole tank

T5 Blub Combo

3 Blue
1 KZ Super Blue
2 Gue Lagoon Blue
1 Aqua Blue special
1 Purple +

10 Hours 4 T5

12 hours 1 24" LED BLue

Total light cycle 12 hours

Last edited:
Well not telling u how to run your tank but I only run my full 8 bulbs over my 120g for 3 hours max. I also can't run the led at the same time as all 8 bulbs as the corals start to get pale. I run 1 blue led strip and 2 blue plus bulbs for 11 hours but as I said all the bulbs are only on for a few hours. I grow great sps

I have been getting incredible growth with my light schedule. I though about taking an hour off both main light cycles but the 24" led does not seem to effect the paleness at all if anything it been letting my coral pop better.

But here is more close up picture I know its through a camera but if you think that the corals are too light I can adjust my light schedule.

Last edited:
Okay so been about week now on the bottom.

4ebe440433eb8199a14a67141cfa3215.jpg

Here a picture showing little more white on the edges should I move it up to more lite

Did u get it at faois? If so i would just call them. Ask them what they think. Personally i would leave it where it is till it heals

Did u get it at faois? If so i would just call them. Ask them what they think. Personally i would leave it where it is till it heals

Got it at coral corral

here it is again I dunno kinda getting nervous.

15%2B-%2B1

this would be the most I ever spent on a coral and it does not seem to be doing well. My pram seem to be in the norm no nitrate or phosphate, calcium at 440 alk at 7. PH is 8 salinity is around 1.026

Back