New Tank - Multiple Tangs 260 Gallons

Thank you guys for chiming in. I am going up to LA tomorrow with a friend who works in the industry. He's going to take me in to all the wholesale warehouses and let me pick all my fish for my FOWLR tank. Anything special I should look out for? This is my list so far:

TANGS
Blonde Male Naso
Achilles or Powder Blue
Purple
Yellow
kole yellow eye
Hippo

WRASSES
Flame Male
Laboute's Fairy
Cleaner both regular & Hawaiian
Yellow Tail Tamarin
Lineatus
Cook Island Scott Fairy
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Lyretail Wrasse

Angels
Blue Face
Regal
Hawaiian Flame
Potters
Watanabei Angelfish Male
Golden

Anthias
Lyretail Male w/ Female school

Clownfish
Black Ocellaris
Black Ice
Snowflake
Picasso

Misc. Big
Australian Harlequin Tusk
Crosshatch Trigger Male or pair
Quoyi Parrotfish
Arothron Puffer (Blue with white Dots and maybe the gold too if there are a pair)
Pearl Scale Butterfly
Sunset Butterfly
Moorish Idol
marine betta

Misc. Small
Flame Hawk
Black Cap Basslet
Blue/Green Chromis School
Lawnmower Blennys
Cardinal Fish
Mandarin Goby
sleeper goby ( or any sand sifter)

Thank you guys for chiming in. I am going up to LA tomorrow with a friend who works in the industry. He's going to take me in to all the wholesale warehouses and let me pick all my fish for my FOWLR tank. Anything special I should look out for? This is my list so far:

Although there is little chance of all those fish being available in 1 visit... I hope you're not planning on adding most at one time...what about QT ?

What has been your issue with the Naso? After all the input I think I'm leaning towards a Naso, Achilles, Chevron, and Purple Tang.

0 for 3 over the last 18 months and there won't be a fourth. All went as
Dmorty describes: ate well for a while and then just wasted away and died.

My friend has 20 different quarantine tanks at his shop so he will be housing all of the fish. I plan on making 2 or 3 trips up there to get my list covered. Any suggestions on some rare ones I have left out?

I counted 39 fish, not including the anthias school. Are you getting all those? If so, wow - that will be an impressive tank.

To me its hit or miss. I have shoal with a purple, 5 yellows and a purple. They have been together for 5 years. The one thing I will say from my experience is people don't feed them enough. Tangs are grazers and eat all day. Make sure they are fat and happy. I feed a couple large pieces of romaine and a full sheet of nori. Along with food I make myself that has their meats with broccoli in it. Keeping them feed is important. Little cubes of food is not going to keep them happy.

Back