Next LIRA meeting

Zoa

Hi All.....It was great to meet some of you at Nerac! It was a great time, especially for those of us that are well, already obsessed with learning more. See Eric, one less brainwashing procedure needed!

When and where is your next meeting?

Thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6956973#post6956973 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by emelton
I will have all the meeting dates and times for the next 6 months posted by weeks end.

I want it now!!!!

:D

The next meeting will be on April 21st (friday) at 7pm at Kings Park High School. We'll be visiting Rob Gelling, a very dedicated teacher who set up one of the grant money tanks at his school. He has a room with a variety of tanks he uses in his educational programs and he'll also have a short presentation on his programs.

We'll have some time to check out the classroom, trade/sell frags, hang out and talk as well, like the old days Larry ;)

The school is not far from Sunken Meadow Parkway on route 25A.
http://www.kpcsd.k12.ny.us/html/high_school.html

Joe

Well I'm glad SOMEBODY knows what's going on... (j/k eric!!)
Eric I mailed you my dues (or whoever get the mail in Commack) for Lira so see you guys there. It sounds like a cool meeting (I guess since it will be on public school property no "partying" for Mike's B'day :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6959896#post6959896 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Evergreen
I guess since it will be on public school property no "partying" for Mike's B'day :(

What did I miss?

My father always told me if you are going to drink, drink quality stuff. My father would be proud! But does that make sci and me brothers? Hope not!

I intend to be there. The Friday night meetings are difficult for me, but I'll do my best to make it. Maybe a few beers after the meeting too??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6983617#post6983617 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DgenR8
I intend to be there. The Friday night meetings are difficult for me, but I'll do my best to make it. Maybe a few beers after the meeting too??

Sounds good, anyone familiar with the area for a good place to go? Thats the beauty of friday nites :beer:

i work in that town. actually my post office is right across the street. i cn give easy directions if you guys need them. also the fact that the high school is only 2 miles from my house is awesome.

there a bunch of bars in town not to far from the high school. the local bars are not bad either quite on friday nights there. full of townies.

if anyone is doing the map quest thing the address is 200 east main street, kings park, 11754.

lol

I'm still trying to recover my voice from yelling over the band at Digger's last weekend. Can we pick a quiet local gin mill for this outing?
Ray, if I take the Sag into the Sunken Meadow, and get off at 25A, do I go east, or west to get to the school?

Larry and everyone else....

Once you get off Sunken Meadow you're going to head east on 25A. After you get off the parkway the road merges to one lane, about a mile up you'll reach the fire dept. on your right. Another mile up the road does a dip; you'll see the post office on the left and the school is on the right about 100 yards up. The entrance to the school is before the light (Lawrence Rd.), that lot is a one way so if you miss it make a right at the light and there will be a larger parking lot behind the school.

Larry, I want to go to where that leprachaun looking dude with the top hat at diggers is going. Did you get a load of him, the short guy from "southern" Ireland

like joe said. or i go down to the pulaski rd exit. which is the second to last exit.

if you miss the indian head rd exit don't freak out just take the pulaski rd exit towards kings park. its the second to last exit before you hit sunken meadow park. when you get off the exit follow the road to the second light and make a right. that is main street. take main street down about a mile or two the school will come up on your right hand side.

there are two exits off of sunken meadow parkway that will take you to kings park.

there is a watering hole that is on the way back to sunken meadow parkway through town called union square. nice quiet little place filled with locals. not many kids in there. usually where all the mail man go after work on friday for a beer.

lol

Back