IMG_3226.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
There are some new acquisitions -
I’ve add -
Pair of Wantanebei’s
Moorish idol ( dreamy ) needs fattening up
Copper band that loves eating
Scribbled Anthias ( Gorgeous )
Nice looking fish. Best of luck with them.

Nice looking fish. Best of luck with them.
Thanks, Moorish is eating flake ! ! Never ever ever seen one eat flake so all good I hope. Needs fattening up which I’m quite good at lol. Scribbled Anthias likes frozen Mysis Rs along with the butterfly. They eat like there’s no tomorrow ! ! So tricky but we’ll see. If they don’t make the journey there won’t be any others like it. Ones enough

Well, I bought a Kessil 160 tuna flora. I made the bucket fuge based on Coral Euphorias instructions. I couldn’t find ANY clean Chaeto - everywhere was always sold out so I had to settle for some Chaeto from a coral farm. I’ve added this before adding a main light to my tank. I don’t have any corals yet so don’t really have Major lighting requirements. So I’ve set the fuge up so hopefully I don’t have major algae issues when the tank finally has a light. Don’t worry I won’t be powering it up to max power on the first day for 14 hours a day either lol . It will be ramped up very very slowly . . . . . Love my fuge ! !

IMG_3430.jpeg

Well, I bought a Kessil 160 tuna flora. I made the bucket fuge based on Coral Euphorias instructions. I couldn’t find ANY clean Chaeto - everywhere was always sold out so I had to settle for some Chaeto from a coral farm. I’ve added this before adding a main light to my tank. I don’t have any corals yet so don’t really have Major lighting requirements. So I’ve set the fuge up so hopefully I don’t have major algae issues when the tank finally has a light. Don’t worry I won’t be powering it up to max power on the first day for 14 hours a day either lol . It will be ramped up very very slowly . . . . . Love my fuge ! !

View attachment 32385462
Would love to see the instructions you followed for this. Do you have a link to them?

Taken from another thread I started.

We have News people ! ! Chaeto is growing ! ! Light is on 12 hrs a day 6pm to 6am which seems to help. It seems to be doing alright now so that’s great news. Going to make a slight adjustment to the bucket fuge which is move the outlet down so the water level is lower. It’s so high it scares the bloody pants off me lol. So that’s an adjustment I’ll be making this weekend !

Also adding a Troptronic 55w UV Steriliser. Freckle face seems to have some dusting so I’m gonna hook one up. Hopefully it’s a nothing thang but I don’t know ( that’s me being positive ) so we’ll see how we go. All fish fat and healthy. Everything else is sweet as a nut !

You have a very nice set-up there. Do you see any issues with drawing water from the overflow box for your closed loop?

You have a very nice set-up there. Do you see any issues with drawing water from the overflow box for your closed loop?

Well . . . . . I don’t quite have a closed loop. I was going to use my Apex Cor20 for the closed loop setup. Being American ( nothing wrong with that ) just wanted to get that in there, the fittings are in inch’s. My Pipework is in mm. I struggled to get things to match so I did ditch that idea. So the return pump comes out of the two returns on the left but the two on the right are going to be on another Deltec e-flow 16 pump housed in the sump ( yet to buy lol ) so that’s where I’m at ! !thanks for the compliment though 😛

Added a Troptronic 55w UV Steriliser. May have something similar to velvet but I’m unsure at the moment. Only time will tell but I’ve monitored the “velvet ?” For a week but no change. It only seems to be mainly on the freckle face but there’s a little bit of flicking. Supposed to be quite a good UV Steriliser.

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3737.jpeg
    IMG_3737.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
So. . . . Lost a blackcap gramma after freshwater dip. Everything else came out ok. Also did a quick qt dip session with a product I can’t remember. Then lost a Tominia couple of days later then the scribbled Anthias a day after that. Gutted. But I’m not breaking the tank down I’m removing all fish and doing what I should have done in tbe bloody first place and qting them all properly.

Attachments

• IMG_3915.jpeg
    IMG_3915.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3914.jpeg
    IMG_3914.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
So. . . . Lost a blackcap gramma after freshwater dip. Everything else came out ok. Also did a quick qt dip session with a product I can’t remember. Then lost a Tominia couple of days later then the scribbled Anthias a day after that. Gutted. But I’m not breaking the tank down I’m removing all fish and doing what I should have done in tbe bloody first place and qting them all properly.
Sorry to hear about your losses. But, it sounds like you have a good plan going forward.

Back