Nice Mag off LA

ca1ore

Grizzled & Cynical
A bit of a crap shoot, since you cannot see them ahead of time, but I just got a very nice green tentacle/purple base African mag from LA. My idea of 'large' and theirs clearly don't align, but that's ok - it arrived in pretty good shape. Since I'd QT it anyhow, I also treat prophylactically. FWIW I've actually fared better with mags from LA versus DD. As it's very often the shipping that gets them, the extra conditioning from DD doesn't seem to do much - and doesn't justify the premîum IMO. I suppose seeing the counts for something, though often the photos aren't all that good at capturing the colors.

I saw them on wholesaler (QM) list yesterday. It was very tempting. There isn't enough space in my tank to accommodate one unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd special order it.

I know, I'm sorry. Split from the wife a while back and she took the good camera ..... I miss it very much! Though, to be fair, I'm a crap photographer ..... She was always much better.

215557818ec5973f43d6d11e61867feb_zps8jwo2jag.jpg

iPad camera doesn't really show the colors. Tentacles are all inflated and the mouth is tight. After my last one got shredded by the Vortech pumps, my clowns have been vagabonds. They'll be very happy to have a new house - or maybe a condo since this ones a lot smaller. Interestingly clowns have stopped laying eggs since they've been mag deprived.

I know, I'm sorry. Split from the wife a while back and she took the good camera ..... I miss it very much! Though, to be fair, I'm a crap photographer ..... She was always much better.

Wow, sorry about that - I was only being facetious... :facepalm:

Even though the picture is a bit blue, it does show that the mag looks good so far, and hopefully it will continue to look good... :thumbsup: Good luck with it!

Oh, I know. Should have added a smiley. All is good. I'm amazed at the pictures some folks are able to get if their fish and corals. Not sure how they do it. Takes patience, I suppose, which is not one of my strengths :lol:

I'm amazed at the pictures some folks are able to get of their fish and corals. Not sure how they do it. Takes patience, I suppose, which is not one of my strengths :lol:

You are using LED's, correct? If so, there are a couple of ways to get "better" pics. One is to adjust white balance using a processing program. I find the second much easier - turn the blue channel way down temporarily... :cool:

One thing that's a bit odd - or maybe it isn't. This mag has gig-like twitching tentacles. Never had that in a mag before. Anyone?

Probably so .....

Nem looks great, BTW. No signs of any deflation. Mouth was a little droopy out of the bag, but has been tight now ever since. On day 4 of cipro. If no setbacks, should go into the display over the weekend. It has also 'grown' over the last few days, and rather disproven my comments about whether its a 'large' or not.

Moved to the display after a full 7 days of Cipro and no signs of deflation or mouth gaping. Clowns took all of 30 seconds to move in. Fingers crossed!

Back