Nominations

In reality

In reality

Haha Andy. No, thats not what I meant. You and Bill would make a good matchup in the octagon is all I'm saying.

I would also like to nominate MVik for a position. I know he has been thinking about it, either VP or Pres. Up to him how he wants to fit in, but his name is out there.

Actually Andy and I are About on the Same Page as far as what some of the things the club Is lacking and how to get them pointed In the correct direction. That said personality should not Interfere with the duties of running the club and this was my only reason for being Leary about getting Involved. I'm pretty well set In my way's and at my age It would be hard for me to change who I am, If I thought the Club would benefit from my participation Or the members thought It would benefit them I'm not one to run away from a challenge. Like stated It's time to step up and do something about It If you want to be part of the solution or standby and do nothing.
Lets hear some Input B4 I make any hasty decisions as to this whole Idea of becoming a BOD member!:idea:

Will you two stop being so diplomatic and just let me imagine the battle royale already?!?! Gosh! :)

I would also like to nominate mikemartinez for secretary.

Will you two stop being so diplomatic and just let me imagine the battle royale already?!?! Gosh! :)

I would also like to nominate mikemartinez for secretary.

Sweet.. thanks :wavehand:.. I accept...

That and PR Director sound like fun to me...

Last edited:
Zachb if we create another position in the Bylaws of IT goro or some title would you consider the job? Or anyone else? I know we have a lot of computer savy people here.

I definitely think the club needs a greater IT presence. Andy has helped a great deal with that but if he takes the office of president or VP would have other things to work on. I would be glad to assist from time to time but I would not want to take on the role completely. Maybe we could have an IT team as there are several of us that combined could bring some useful tools and skills to the table.

To be completely honest I haven't seen the point of even being in the club, until I recently made use of 1 piece of hardware the club had to offer. Heck, I still don't know what else is available. However, that was good enough for me to decide to re-join. Hopefully the new leaders will be able to bring greater organization, more events, meetings, etc. Once a month is nice and all but maybe have 2, as I may be able to make one meeting at the beginning of the month but not the end. I missed most of the last year's meetings because I was out of town. I'm sure others have the same issue. Spread the locations out too. More group buys. More frag swaps (maybe even just amongst ourselves, not the scale of what we just had). Mix it up and make it interesting.

Glad to see that change is in process and look forward to seeing the outcome.:wavehand:

I would like to nominate Michael (Mvlk) for VP and definitely second mikemartinez for secretary! Rick (mixer911) would make a great treasurer I think. :)

Last year, Chuck, I thought I was going to get a job and declined. This year, I GOT a job and will again have to decline. :) I am finishing up my masters and working on certifications in addition to the job, but thank you for the nomination!

Brandon

I definitely think the club needs a greater IT presence. Andy has helped a great deal with that but if he takes the office of president or VP would have other things to work on. I would be glad to assist from time to time but I would not want to take on the role completely. Maybe we could have an IT team as there are several of us that combined could bring some useful tools and skills to the table.

To be completely honest I haven't seen the point of even being in the club, until I recently made use of 1 piece of hardware the club had to offer. Heck, I still don't know what else is available. However, that was good enough for me to decide to re-join. Hopefully the new leaders will be able to bring greater organization, more events, meetings, etc. Once a month is nice and all but maybe have 2, as I may be able to make one meeting at the beginning of the month but not the end. I missed most of the last year's meetings because I was out of town. I'm sure others have the same issue. Spread the locations out too. More group buys. More frag swaps (maybe even just amongst ourselves, not the scale of what we just had). Mix it up and make it interesting.

Glad to see that change is in process and look forward to seeing the outcome.:wavehand:

I have been a member of this club since March 2005. Just not a active member. I too sometimes think why do I even join. I never go to meetings and I don't even take advantage of the cub discount at the LFS's.

I tell myself every year after the frag swap I'm gonna get more involved, but I never do. I did forget to renew my membership at the swap though. Mainly because I was debating on buying the 24 nanocube setup and needed that extra $20. I guess if I make the meeting in Feb. I will renew.

Steve

I nominate myself as Dictator. I run this buisnich. J/K I got a buZz & thought I'd share. I been killing aptisia with boiling hot water & drinking sailor Jerry rum. Way to celebrate Tuesday.

Now Jason, you know reefing and drinking don't mix! Are we going down THAT road again?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brandon

Now Jason, you know reefing and drinking don't mix! Are we going down THAT road again?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brandon

:fun5: I didnt even think about that. No Im def not going down that road. I did enjoy blasting the Aptisia though. Im starting to think I should talk to someone or get some counseling. I hate to admit that but sometimes I feel like Im losing control.:sad1:

I would like to nominate Michael (Mvlk) for VP and definitely second mikemartinez for secretary! Rick (mixer911) would make a great treasurer I think. :)
Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I'd be happy to serve as VP or whatever role I can assist the club in.

After careful deliberation about my running for a position on the BOD, Which may have not even been known about by anyone but a few people! I have decided that the club would be best served If I DO NOT seek any elected position In the club at this time. I have spoken with Andy about this Issue and some others who have encouraged me to run but the goal must be to do no harm and I feel that to best serve the club would be to assist If asked by who ever assumes the new positions. I would like to see a robust debate and multiple candidates for each position that needs to be filled or created so as to get the best possible results from an election and bring the best people to the table.
If you were one of the supporters I spoke of Sorry to disappoint you but I think this Is the best choice as there are many qualified people who bring more to the table than I have to offer. Good luck to all who run and hopefully the new board will revive the reason you want to belong to this club! To borrow a quote, Happy Reefing.
Bill

Sorry I have not been on the site for a while so i just saw where norman nominated me as Treasurer. I will accept the nomination. Looking forward to helping no that i have a little more time on my hands and am just working instead of school and work.

President

President

I would like to nominate Rick (Mixer 911) For President or Vp If he Is Interested In the positions. As he has a great deal of knowledge about the hobby to bring to the table, Plus his Dad has every tool made! LOL:frog:
We need to have a selection of people running for each position, As long as they are qualified for the post. Just my 2 cents
Bill:dance:

Well Chuck, thats a very good question, without an interesting answer. you see, the job of the incoming board is to help steer and organize the club in the direction the club wants to go..not what direction the board wants to go. So I have no "plans" of doing anything other than helping gather ideas (and we have already been hearing some), and with the board sort then into short term and long term goals, and then, Agile style (which is in iterations), implement the quicker ones to get into place, and lay groundwork for the longer term plans that may go beyond the years' term. The board is to steer the "ship", albeit not too fast or with sudden jerks. Since there was no information about long terms plans ever communicated, I can only assume we are starting fairly fresh.

There will be alot of input and discussion the first few months, and that will yield the "plan". The board serves the members.

I can say that, at least when I was a board member, one long term goal was to get MACNA to Nashville. Another long term, annual goal is to grow the frag swap. :)

Just some thoughts to put out there. :)

Brandon

Back