Nook's Reef!!

When do you deploy?

Going to start treatment tonight!! Debating leaving the skimmer off for 24hrs, or just til tomorrow morning.

Hmmm, I will have to get someone over to take some photos so I can post them up. A couple of my good friends that take pictures are both busy, one with newly hatched twins and one with additional job responsibilities. I will see if I can sucker them into some new pictures.

The tanks have had a tough three months due to my stupidity. I started off changing the black sand out to white sand in late November, then dosed Interceptor in December and didn't run carbon for three weeks. I had also stopped dosing vodka in November and eventually put a sulphur denitrator online. Then, first of January I changed from 20K Radiums to 14K Ushios.

End result was I lost a lot of my branching LPS like frogspawns, hammers and the Agu Thingy:( I also lost a lot of SPS and damaged a lot of the ones that are still alive and slowly coming back. Too many changes can throw a system off even though the numbers all looked good throughout.

with the updated pictures, can we get some new equipment pictures? i love all the business end myself.

(plus your always looks great because of the blankets.

Yeah, I will get some pics of the meat and potatoes in the back room that keeps it all running. I am going to be getting a couple large GEO 8x24" media reactors for GFO and carbon in the next couple months, this will give me better control over the chemical and biological warfare that comes from a mixed reef.

Sorry to hear about the troubles Dave. I always look forward to seeing updates on your tanks or chatting with you :)

Thanks, Mark. I am pretty bad with a camera and really need to learn how to get a better than average picture as I have some cool stuff to show.

dave, what media are you using in your ca reactor? like it so far? you using anything for mg in there as well?

you mentioned changing regulators. what'd you switch to?

I use the ARM extra large aragonite in my reactor. As for the regulator, I am still using the Reef Fanatic, but will switch to the aquariumplant.com regulator when this one goes bad. A friend has one and really likes how reliable it is.

My magnesium doesn't fluctuate that much and usually stays around 1350 with monthly water changes. When it dips below 1350, I add a gallon of mag chloride from Bulk Reef Supply.

I use the ARM extra large aragonite in my reactor. As for the regulator, I am still using the Reef Fanatic, but will switch to the aquariumplant.com regulator when this one goes bad. A friend has one and really likes how reliable it is.

I forgot that there's even any other regulator on the market :lol:

Someone told me that you recently added some new coral frags :D

I forgot that there's even any other regulator on the market :lol:

Someone told me that you recently added some new coral frags :D

YEP:D Someone sent me some killer frags;)

They all look great except for one that RTN'd the second day. I love adding new frags to the tank:)

9/23/09 was the last time pictures were posted.

How is the denitrator doing?

and all the other equipment. (i am more interested in peoples FES verses FTS (full equipment shots vs Full tank shots)

i think a reef is nothing with out a good support system, so it is just as important as the tank. plus i like the mechanical aspect as much if not more than the fish and corals.

9/23/09 was the last time pictures were posted.

How is the denitrator doing?

I can take pictures of equipment just fine, it is the livestock that gives me a challenge. This system turns 2 years old on April Fool's Day:D

The denitrator is going at 140cc/minute and trates are about 8. It is working like a champ.

GEO is building me a couple monster media reactors for running a LOT of carbon and GFO for total control. I will get some pics of the back room up when I can.

Back