Nook's Reef!!

Do you think that skimmer could be any bigger? :D

I love the black sand. Which brand did you use?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12303849#post12303849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Beautiful. I bet you are so happy to see some livestock in the tank finally.

Yeah, I am looking for livestock too:D I have cuts on my fingers from moving around 600lbs of Fiji liverock....aquascaping is not done yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12303873#post12303873 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by michika

I love the black sand. Which brand did you use?

Thanks. The sand is Caribsea....it does have some magnetism to it but the guy at Caribsea said it is totally inert because it is cooked at high temperature....man-made sand.

Hello Nanook,

Congratulate to your system, very much likes! Fascinating the black sand and the big contrast shows nice the stones and between the sand. I would know to imagine in a gigant Tridacna clam on the black sand! Many successes to the rest of the work!
:)

the black sand definitely looks great! I have used a bag mixed with my other sand to give some contrast, but was afraid to go entirely with the black. Glad to see pics of someone who has and again looks outstanding.

A few more pics:

DSCN2315-1.jpg~original

DSCN2321-1.jpg~original

DSCN2323-1.jpg~original

DSCN2329-1.jpg~original

DSCN2332-1.jpg~original

DSCN2335-1.jpg~original

DSCN2336-1.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12305017#post12305017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by peter1
Hello Nanook,

Congratulate to your system, very much likes! Fascinating the black sand and the big contrast shows nice the stones and between the sand. I would know to imagine in a gigant Tridacna clam on the black sand! Many successes to the rest of the work!
:)

Thanks! I had a nice Gigas clam from a LFS but it died within a week after getting it:( I will buy another one from a different store when I see one.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12304685#post12304685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DrBDC
:thumbsup:

Thursday I'll send you home with some stuff.

That would be fantastic! I can give you anything you want from mine now or down the road...I believe in open barter:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12309734#post12309734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
DSCN2323-1.jpg~original

Ok... Now you're officially out of control :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12310138#post12310138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Is that a drunken happy face? :lol:

It could be, let me go get another shot of Jager:lol:

GEO/GEO/GEO - wow. and the best customer service I've seen in this hobby in 15 years.

Anyways very well done.

Marc suggested getting a plasma TV for that room, I'd suggest you just get rid of the one you have without replacement, as there's no way it will ever be viewed in that room. This is a reefer's heaven!

How will you handle topoff, and is there a saltwater mixing/RODI storage area in there?

Back