Opinions on EVC 10k's?

id like to see more pics of that tank or others with the evc 250 10k. photoshop does amazing things to pics these days.

I might have to change. My XMs seem ok but are a tinge yellow without any actinics. If EVC can provide a whiter light and similiar par, then that's what I'll be buying next.

i agree. i use 10k se ushio. my tank is 25in deep. i dont think im getting the light i need towards the bottom. i like the color though. it looks like the evc would give me a 20% inc. in par

garvondavis14, do you think you could post pics? Comparison shots to other bulbs (if possible) would be nice too. Also, let us know how your pics compare to how they look in person. Thanks!

i missed the part where we were talking about 250s... my post was in terms of 400s

-sorry

I use the XM 10K 250W for four years (four different set of three)never any problems with them I supplement them with two 96 W 420-460 PC's they look good.

the thing that made me steer clear of the XMs was the number of people who complained about the yellowness of the bulbs and the inconsistency in color from bulb to bulb

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8040915#post8040915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jay24k
Are they supposed to be nice?
The 175W are super bulbs . I saw them and they look so nice . i hope the 250W are as nice we see.;)

Yeah, same here... can't wait for the 250w Iwasaki 14k's to come out. But I disagree with the XM's being bluer than EVC's. From what I hear, the XM's are usually on the yellow side of white and EVC's on the blue side of white. However, I think we really need comparison shots to really find out.

when i was trying to run xm10kSE 250s on m58... i went thru 5 bulbs and couldnt get 3 to all burn alike on my tank. first day.. .nice and white... next day and the day after... more and more yellow

I've got two SE, EVC 10k bulbs on the EVC e-ballasts and they are very white. I supplement some blue with two, 110watt, T12s. I'm pretty sure my PAR is about 110 according to Sanjay's site.

Where is a good place to get your bulbs. My XM's are about 19 months old now and ready to be replaced.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8044361#post8044361 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jay24k
Where is a good place to get your bulbs. My XM's are about 19 months old now and ready to be replaced.

wow...19months...the standard practice is 10-12months on Eballast and 6-9months on HQI.

XM's are known to last between 18 months to 2 years before significant par loss at least according to the last time I talked to Sanjay. They are very effecient bulbs. My growth has not slown down at all either. But I want to go ahead and make the change if needed.

Back