Orphek LED lighting

Orphek Atlantik Led 2.1B

Orphek Atlantik Led 2.1B

Hello Guys
Not long a ago i purchased a Atlantik V2.1B.
Searching for info and settings i stumbled across this thread.
Gregr Today i have somewhat copied your program for my
afternoon light show.Thanks
I just finished acclimating , i hope
I will let you guys know how it goes
Thanks again

I've changed my program just a tiny bit. Channel three is now at 40 and channel 4 is only 20. Seems like everything in the tank is doing well now- anemones at the top and down low, clam on the sand, LPS and SPS and softies too. The video in my signature is from a week ago :)

Gregr have you noticed channel 3 have the most effect in bringing out your tri color? I have a frogspawn that has seemed to turn very fleshy dull color with my current settings.
Sorry I missed your question.
I always think of channels 1 and 2 as having the biggest effect on coral color. Back when I got my lights I remember one of the Orphek guys told me that channels 1/2 were for color and growth and channels 3/4 were for adjusting the color to look good to our eyes. But then, there was a noticeable improvement when I went from 30 to 40 on channel 3.

Hi all the way from Western Australia.

I was almost about to give up hope on this light until I found this thread.

I am going to try your settings Greg to see what happens to my corals.

I am running the compact though with the new duel chip led.

Matt

Good luck and don't give up. It took me forever to get them dialed in with such limited information from Orphek. For me I found my channel 3&4 run better around 10&8 %. But keep in mind I'm running two atlantik v2 over a 90g (lighting overkill). Keep us posted.

I had mine in the inbuilt colour and growth but I think it is what is causing my algae outbreak as po4 and no3 are at 0.

I find that either not many people have these lights or not many people post up their schedules.

I was tossing up between these and the hydra 52's at the time and these won as such as I could get them sooner.

Hopefully this schedule makes a difference.

What do you run your channels 1&2 at Nccowboy15?

I want to say 1-78 and 2-84. It's the highest I've had those channels at. I'm still battling algae as well but not nearly as bad since I dropped 3&4. They run at these peak settings for about 4 hrs with about 3 hrs of crank up and down on either side.

I'm gonna drop my channel 4 even lower then and see what happens. Since I posted my settings way back I've lowered channel one a bit- down to 78. 3 I like to keep pretty high because I want a whiter look than most people like I guess. 2 is at 100- I suppose I could lower that and channel 3 to balance out.
So many options... gotta love that.
Ignore the overall color because this was made with a cell phone, but aside from that you can see that almost all the corals are very happy:
https://vimeo.com/129557706

A wee pic of my tank from the uk under the atlantik v2.1b running ch1 90 ch2 100 ch3 80 ch4 70 for 5 hrs with a 3 hr ramp up and down either side, 12inches above the water, tank size is lxhxw 38x30x27 and 1 unit does this size easy, tanks been running about 3 months now and all frags started on the sand bed then moved up slowly, must say I do love these lights, but as said have not found much info on these lights, glad to have found this thread

84E1D98D-4E51-47E7-9E05-085F800A2B63_zpsokozfbti.jpg

How far above the waterline is everyone mounting their Orpheks? I have a single Atlantik over a 75g at 9" above the waterline. My program is similar to gregr with a little more blue. My colors are great but not very impressed with the growth (or lack there of).

I have 3 Atlantiks over my 180. A v1 on each end and a v2b in the middle. The v1 units run at 92% peak with a 2 hour ramp on each end of a 9 hour day(13 hours total). all 4 channels are at 92%.
The v2b has the same schedule but channels 1 and 4 are at 90% and channels 2 and 3 are at 94%.
It took a very long time to get to run them this strong but corals that I thought were on the edge of death have responded quite well.
The tank has the usual film on the glass that I clean every few days and a few spots of valonia here and there but that's it.No nasty green algae at all.

Nice scape lan108. Gregr, what sort of growth have you got since you have been running these?
The growth has been good overall I guess. Kind of hard to judge since there's such a wide variety but corals that generally grow fast grow fast under this lighting. Overall I'd say growth is good- to very good. I've got a Red Planet Mille that colored up ten times better than when I got it but it grows very slowly. I may have some kind of bug attacking my acros- a tri-color that continues to grow fast looks pretty bad in spots.
Another thing- over the last few months I've slowly been lowering channel 1 [UV] and raising channel 3 [white]. Got it down to 70/72 (ch1/3) now and some really nice blues are showing up in a few of the corals. There's one piece of a monti- not sure what kind but similar to spongodes- when I got it about 6 months ago it had almost no color and in the last few months it's turned a really nice blue-purple. And a colony of regular orange digita is showing blue under the polyps. Got it down towards the bottom of the tank. Lights are 9" off the water.

I think I am going to sell off my compact and get a Hydra 52 as this is what I wanted to get to begin with. I find I am losing colour

That is testing that Sanjay Joshi does for the hobby and it's at 24" or 30" above the testing area. Each of the small squares is 3"x3" and the overall area is 36"x36"

So, in a 60 gallon cube (24"x24") and with the light mounted 6" over the top of the tank. You should have a par reading between 60-80 on the very bottom in all locations except the very corners. Since you will also have a sandbed your number will likely be just slightly higher.

Back