OT: Firefox 3.0 release

montanabay

Have you guys installed it yet? I'm really impressed with how much faster it is than 2.0, especially on RC, very zippy.

Happy Surfing!

Josh

Yup !

Got it immediately.

Also got a very, very cool 3D pic browser addon through Mozilla.

I'm stoked too Josh.

just downloaded it... Seems obviously faster.

Lost my ftp plugin and my PayPal Plugin...par for the course.

-Adrian

same here - does seem to be noticeably quicker than version 2, looks nicer to (I'm running it on Mac OSX

Thanks for the info!

it was just released yesterday, the demand was so high I couldn't download it until today, they met their goal of being the most downloaded program in 24hrs, 8million...pretty impressive.

Gonna have to download. I loved 2.0 but i swear mine would lock up at least once a day, pretty annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

I just loaded it on my Mac and then spent half an hour looking to download 2.0 as I'm still running 10.3.9. I wish, they'd mention system requirements on the download page.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12779221#post12779221 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NanoClown
Im likin' the new 3.0, so much faster

seriously, its like my DSL got a 20% increase in speed, pages load as fast as I can click on them.

Working pretty good. But i have the same issue that when i go to Sanjays site and cjhoose to compare 2 lamps i can put in wattage and bulb but then it wont give me an option to pick lamp type, the old one did this also. any help?

I always have to open internet exploder to go to his ite and have it work:(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12782102#post12782102 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkeeper1
Crashing on Windows XP 64-bit with an E8500.

Stable on Windows XP 32-bit with an E8400.

Really irritated that some tab options are missing - especially an "overwrite" for a new "open in tabs". Here's a "fix":

http://www.daleisphere.com/work-around-for-firefox-3s-open-in-tabs-overwrite-bug/

Does look prettier and seems faster.

Will try it on OS X tonight.

I have mine running on a E6750 OC to 3.6GHZ :), but that shouldn't matter, the fact that it is 64-bit probably is.

Surprising since most Linux users will be running 64bit

I have E8400 that's been sitting on my desk for two months now but I haven't upgraded yet, might build a new computer around it, rather than upgrading my E6750, since the OC will be the same, it just the E8400 doesn't require a voltage increase to hit 3.6, making it cool and energy efficient.

Cheers,

Josh

2.0 had a memory leak, that is why 3.0 seems so much faster.
Leave 2.0 open long enough and it will suck up all your resources.

on my computer i was able to open a new window with the push of a button next to my keyboard... now then i push that button it just takes me to my home page.... this sucks...

Back