Paying it forward, backward, sideways, I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have any pictures of the teal candy cane currently... Sorry.

It looks just like every other candy cane but in a shade of teal. :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12919108#post12919108 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badazztealcobra
I dont have any pictures of the teal candy cane currently... Sorry.

It looks just like every other candy cane but in a shade of teal. :cool:

Heres a pic of the same ones Badazz has......
191032DSC01848.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12919431#post12919431 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tiff393
Heres a pic of the same ones Badazz has......
191032DSC01848.JPG

pictures are like cheese....they make it better :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12920002#post12920002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ostrow
I'll put one of my SPS 4-piece frag packs in there. See here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1428373.

Pickup options in order of preference:

Today before 6:30 or so and 8pm in Oak Park

Friday between 9 and noon in or around Oak Park

Monday evening between 5:45 and 6:15 in Bunker Hill Park (Caldwell North of Devon).

Email me ASAP -- first one gets it.

Thanks for offering them up. Nice to see some higher end stuff offered (blue tort, tricolors, nana, etc.). Good karma coming your way :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12917035#post12917035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Compguy
I will take these, and once I pick them up I will post what I will be offering with pictures.

Clint

There yours come and get them. I have sent you a pm with contact info!!

I have two frags of nuclear green palys available, grown from a frag I got from Illuminati a few months ago. One frag has just one polyp, the other has two.

Also, with some help from mcliffy2, I've put together a web page/database that will track the available frags as well as each participant's history (so long as I keep it up to date). If anybody is interested, you can check it out here.

I am a (what they call it -a noob) and I don't have anything at this moment to pay it forward but, does anyone have a small piece of green star polyp or zoa's that live in the chicago area. I dont own a car so I will be taking our lovely public transit system.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12931640#post12931640 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carriegiesler
I am a (what they call it -a noob) and I don't have anything at this moment to pay it forward but, does anyone have a small piece of green star polyp or zoa's that live in the chicago area. I dont own a car so I will be taking our lovely public transit system.

If you're willing to walk about a mile from the Harlem Green Line stop, I have some GSP and zoas I fragged for someone who appears to have lost interest.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12913639#post12913639 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gohan23
ok I see nobody wants to claim this frag. So I will!!!! I will take it!! If ok then after pickup I will post what i will give away with pics. :)

First off I want to start by saying what a beautiful tank reefkeeperscorner!!!! I can not say enough about it. Here are pic of the ORA horrida that I did get.

P1010625-1.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010611.jpg

P1010630.jpg

Oops I think that last pic is my new purple tang. :) Have a Great day!!!!!

:D :D

I got a couple of things from mcliffy2 I'll post pics latter today after my lights go on.

I was going to offer up in return 6 heads of my candy canes but I can't get them off the rock now. So the only other thing I have are 3 red zoas that attached to a different rock then the colony. When I learn to frag and the colony gets a little bigger I hope to give more in the future.

So what I have to offer up is 3 red zoas pictured to the right of the candy canes.
191032DSC01848.JPG

Would anyone find a "Free Coral Exchange" useful?

Would anyone find a "Free Coral Exchange" useful?

Hi there,

My wife and I have been reef enthusiasts for a number of years, but are fairly new to the Chicago area. We only just recently discovered Reefcentral and were intending to join CMAS in September. Anyway, last night after she read this thread, she had proposed to me the idea of an online “Free Coral Exchange” where people can donate their corals in a place that keeps track of the corals available and gives the proper credit. I have worked in the computer field for over 15 yrs as a UNIX systems admin and currently have a low traffic web server that could host a site, plus the computer skills to do the necessary web programming.

However, I have two conditions for doing the site:
1. That corals are exchanged free of charge. You guys are already doing thisâ€"why change a good thing? :D Besides, I'm not donating my time and equipment for commercial posting, if you want that use Craig’s list.
2. That nobody else work on a competing site at the same time. My time is very valuable and I can’t afford to put two weeks into a project only to be scooped. I’m essentially donating thousands of dollars of consulting time to what I think is a good cause, so I think this is reasonable.

What I then propose is a site that acts kind of like coral for credit system with registered users. One (1) coral equals one (1) credit. When you ship off a coral, you receive a credit that you can use to trade for another coral. The user will receive one credit “on loan” when they post their first three frags. When the user ships his first coral the loan is paid. When the user ships his second coral, he gets a credit. No user will be permitted to be more than a single coral in arrears. While this system is not foolproof, it might eliminate some deadbeats.

I was wondering though should we limit a “free coral exchange” to CMAS members? If so, how would I verify membership roles? And I am more than welcome to hear other suggestions that might make this site more useful/enjoyable.

So, if you guys are amenable to this, I could have something ready in a couple of weeks.

Comments? Suggestions?

Are you suggesting something differet than what renisel put together?

I don't think this needs to be limited to registered CMAS members, really.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12943148#post12943148 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tiff393
I got a couple of things from mcliffy2 I'll post pics latter today after my lights go on.

I was going to offer up in return 6 heads of my candy canes but I can't get them off the rock now. So the only other thing I have are 3 red zoas that attached to a different rock then the colony. When I learn to frag and the colony gets a little bigger I hope to give more in the future.

So what I have to offer up is 3 red zoas pictured to the right of the candy canes.
191032DSC01848.JPG

I'm sorry I put down the wrong person I got a couple of corals from mbierzyc aka Matt. Sorry about that Matt.

If renisel has already put something like this together, what is the URL? I would be more than happy not to re-invent the wheel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back