Pife's One fifty glass box build

I wasn't even looking for one and someone talked new into it..... And now I just found the mimic lemon peel tang tonight that I've been wanting.

Don't feel bad, It happens to all of us. I wasn't looking for a skimmer but bought a reef octopus diablo 250 ext. today.

It sure is .I just replummed my entire tank. New custom acrylic sump, reeflo super dart with a manifold system,new led light for the sump, and now the skimmer.It is like a snowball effect! Maybe someday I can figure out what is up with photobucket and post some pics of my own.

So I did something pretty stupid Friday night. I wanted to share it none the less.

I came home late Friday night and had to top off my frag tank because I don't have an ATO hooked up to it. So I grabbed the closest bucket and dumped it in. Five minutes later I see the three fish swimming all messed up. I smelled the remaining water in the bucket and it dawned on me. It was the water and vinegar solution I used for cleaning my power heads the day before. I was keeping it around to clean my skimmer over the weekend. So I immediately started removing rock to get my fish out including my new white tail tang. I was able to catch them all and add them to my other tank quite easily. As of this morning they are doing fine. They have returned to swimming normal and eating. So the catch is this never would have happened but I had been drinking and didn't have my head on straight. So don't mess with your tank if your drinking.

At least you saved them. Could have been much worse. Just add it to the long list of things not to do after a few drinks.

I ran into an issue plumbing my skimmer. One of my new pumps is leaking. I bought them 8 months ago so instead of trying to return them I'm sealing the crack that I found.

Last night I added salt to my sump so now it is cycling. I'll pick up a bottle of smart start to add to jump start the cycle.

16964763488_b0dc64b6ff.jpg

Back