Pife's One fifty glass box build

Bump. I was following this thread a while back. Would love to see some display and coral shots. :)

I don't have a huge update but I have some things to update.

I have bought new flooring for the first floor of my home. Now all I need to do to is rip out the living room carpet and get the new flooring down. I wish it was as easy as it sounds.

My tank stand is very close to being completely built. I have the doors built but not yet installed. I am wanting to be able to just remove them when I want versus using hinges. I am also looking for pointers or websites that can guide me through painting my stand to give it the professional finish of cabinetry.

I'll do a photo dump of my frag system next.

Here are some updated pictures.

Walt Disney tenius
aeb67e00f8774154945ba180df159a0b.jpg

Pink Floyd
7093a171c2719135b235f5f47652ea46.jpg

Ding dang millie I saved from 3 polyps

The bright one is Pikachu

Last edited:
Hey Brandon,
Those are some sweet pieces in there, looking colorful too man! Thanks for the update! Cheers!

Hey Brandon,
Those are some sweet pieces in there, looking colorful too man! Thanks for the update! Cheers!

Thanks. I know they can look much better as evident in your tank.

I lowered my light an inch and a half and changed out a coral plus with a blue plus.

Well, I see the quest for a dt has lasted longer that your 'quest for color'
Nice to see both quests are coming along nicely!

Well, I see the quest for a dt has lasted longer that your 'quest for color'
Nice to see both quests are coming along nicely!

Yep a loooong time. I now have a twelve week old son keeping me busy. I'm happy I have been able to stay in the hobby. I'm really looking forward to seeing a dt in my living room. Hopefully before the two year mark! Lol.

One foot in front of the other...especially with little kids in the picture.

When our twins were born, my life went bonkers...tank went on standby mode...

Take your time, take care of your son, and get to the tank when you can.

Your frags and fish look great!

I sold you the Hanna PO4 Checker, right?

Are you still using SeaKlear PO4 remover?

I've got alot left over from when I was using it....

My flooring will be done on the first floor by the end of this weekend! I hope to have the tank stand painted by the end of the week too! Plumbing the display will be easy as I have pipes already stubbed up ready to tie into. I still don't have a canopy built but I can get my tank going with out it.

On a crappy note. I threw away a couple of corals last night.

I once again have aefw. I can't help but believe they are from the same source. I am setting up a QT system now. I'm not going to go through this again. I might Also create a tank that I can just put the frag racks in then fill with dip and then drain and rinse with out having to handle the corals as often. This was very tedious for 8 weeks last time I went through this. I then almost crashed my system by becoming lackadaisical on rinsing.

Last edited:
Hang in there, bud!
Congrats on your new son!
Sorry to hear about the aefw. They certainly are a pita!!
Slow progress is better than no progress.

Back