Pix & ID: Critters that come in your rocks: the good and the bad.

Please help to identify

Please help to identify

Hello there, could someone please help to identify these worms, they are growing fast, only on corrals. Is this red planaria? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
Not sure what the "pink blob" is that came on my first half of TBSaltwater Rock package but it has been moving since I first noticed it. Appreciate if anyone has an idea what it might be or turn into. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452725841.714688.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452725864.358125.jpg

Any idea what this is?!

Any idea what this is?!

Hi All,

Just had the wife message me and say she saw this in the tank, just wondering what it is/is it harmful to anything?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_8401.jpg
    IMG_8401.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
uploadfromtaptalk1453071524592.jpg

How bad is this guy? I think it's a lot wider than the normal bristle Worms I have. He appeared today, wanted to remove it but it got away

If it's a regular bristleworm its fine, if it's a fire worm it need to be removed with caution pic seemed a little bit blurry for me and I'm still not the best at id. If you do remove it without identification be careful fire worms pack a nasty sting

Planaria?
1-2015
flatworm_1.jpg

about 3-4mm long, appear flat, moves like a worm, comes out at night on the glass.

I had a tank crash about 3 year ago. Found flatworms on all the acropora and lost everything (SPS).
7-2012
flatworm.jpg

This one looks distinctly different. Nothing but fish and a leather coral in the tank now. Tank is cleaning up nicely but I found these. Before trying corals again, I thought I'd get an ID on the first one.

Last edited:
Thanks so much.

I was looking at it last pm and it did look like it had a shell. It's a little bigger than I wrote. About 1cm in length.

The second one I found on my acropora back in 2012 with bite marks and even found some eggs. (My post above is rather confusing.) I'm pretty sure it's an AEFW. Fortunately, without acropora for the last 3 years, I hope I'm clear of them.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone, my name is Darlene and i am new to all this saltwater stuff but used to breed freshies and had a pet shop,anyway, i have coral and invertebrates,one by-colored blenny and a umm lol i forgot but he scoops sand and sifts it through his gills and no other fish.
ok, is this black and orange stripped flat creature, located at the base of the coral in the pic below, good or bad? And where the heck did he come from?
hope someone can help.
TY, Darlene

IMG_9376_zps3urosmy5.jpg

IMG_9378_zpsunw0e6ri.jpg

Hoping to get an ID on this snail I found cruising around on the glass when the lights were off. Never seen one with so many feelers before. It's tiny, 1 - 2 mm, same size as a grain of my Special Grade sand.

Snail's foot side facing me
MWhyCIYh.jpg

Side view
cvLScseh.jpg

In a cup
E81qGrDh.jpg

Back