Placing Pagoda need Help please

kingfisher62

Ok people,I need your opinions!
I just got a Pagoda Cup and it is so top heavy it keeps toppling over. I am going to make it more permanant with some marine putty.
So here is the question. Should I mount it vertically (facing the front of the tank) or horizontal,facing the light?

I would imagine the latter would be how it grows in nature but facing the front of the tank might look better.

I would like to do this in the morning before I go to work about 10:00. So some quick replies would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

bennkrys01

I have mine facing up and toward the front of the tank for beat of both. The pagoda has grown well and is very large

kingfisher62

bennkrys01, Thanks for your response. I took your advice. I mounted it facing the light with a slight tlt towards the front. The rock I mounted it to is about the size of a small fist so I could really angle this cup anyway I want if i decide to change it. If you are interested I could post a picture later.
I would love to see a pic of yours. How big is it? How long have you had it?

bennkrys01

I'll try and post a picture later on. Its about 6-8" in diameter (I think). I'm not sure how long that its been in the tank. I purchased a turn key setup from a local sale. Very nice setup with some great livestock.

kingfisher62

Thanks kac01 ,
Both my pagodas in both my tanks are the hightest corals in the tank.
It is about 6 inches from the surface.

kingfisher62

Here is a picture of my mounting job and placement.

DSCF9291.jpg

fts.jpg

epleeds

I have mine placed in the lower right corner of my 75 gallon. It gets some random flow and I have 8x54 T5 over the tank. I have had it for several years. it is currently 8"x8"

kingfisher62

I bet with 8 t5's your tank is lit up like a xmas tree. I only have 4 t5's that is why I have it so high in my tank.

epleeds

hahaha. i used to only run 6 of the bulbs in my fixture. then about a year ago i went with the 8. the cup coral is doing awesome. i have been thinking about fragging it. just dont want to kill it. but if i take an inch all the way around it, make a few bucks to buy some new coral.

we shall see.

bennkrys01

A pic of my pagoda, it is placed at the bottom of my tank (20" deep) under VHO and MH

Attachments

• P8290306.jpg
    P8290306.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0