PLEASE check out your intended fish purchases here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have acquired a complete 37 gallon acrylic setup. None of the filters work. I have some rock (lava) that came out of the tank and substrate included. Also included is a heater, a power head, a lot of chemicals and testing kit. I have a function light that will put out enough light to support fish but not coral according to the LFS

Planned purchase: live rock to add to the existing tank furniture, possible a better power head.

the big decision is to try and turn my 10G into a sump with canister filter. or use a 70G power HOB filter.

The filtration questions should be a separate thread in New to the Hobby. This thread is only about marine fish compatibility.

fish wish list is (in order to be added):
1) blue/green chromis i will buy two for cycling No. Do not cycle your tank with fish. It is unnecessary, (use a piece of shrimp, for example) and cruel to the fish
2) two false clowns I assume you mean A. ocellaris
3) royal gramma baslet
4) six line wrasse very aggressive, undesirable
5) Dwarf angle fish (flame) you can have one dwarf angel, but only after the tank is mature since they are algae grazers
6) dwarf angle fish bicolor see above. this one is more difficult than a flame

What I also want but am truly unsure of...

psychedelic dragonet: would require the sump and reef pods...so not sure about how difficult this is.

In a small tank, the odds of success are very poor

spotted puffer: may get to big or be too aggressive, even if added later. too large, too aggressive

Snowflake eel: not sure if this will mean I can't have any CUC as most seem to be crustaceans. I really want one of these though. inappropriate in a small tank. These get aggressive, large, and will eventually eat fish

Can't wait to hear some input.

40g cube ten gallon sump. Currently has 2 black and white clowns, 2 snowflake clowns,

four clowns will become two clowns as they mature. Clownfish do not like or tolerate other clownfish except in very large tanks

1 male lyretail anthias, 1 yasha goby, 1 mystery wrasse, Some type of dotty back.

dottybacks are exceptionally aggressive and mystery wrasses are likewise; in the long run will probably be a winner and loser but it is not predictable which one

I run skimmer live rock gfo and filter sock changed every 3 days. Ph8 no3 2.5 phos .06 cal480dkh8.3 mag1350 growing all types of sps and lps. Am I at my upper limit?

Hello,

30g tank:
1x E. stigmatura
1x firefish

additional:
2x Royal Gramma
and/or?
2x Court Jester/Hector's Goby

pairing fish is not a good idea with marine fish unless you have a largish tank (you do not) and can insure that they are a male and female pair. One of each would be fine, two would not.

Hello!

120g

1 blue tang currently

Want to add
1 sailfin tang
1 tomini tang
2 true percula
1 flame angel
1 blue spotted jaw fish
1 diamond goby

Maybe a couple others if you have suggestions!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hello!

120g

1 blue tang currently Reef Central's recommendation for a Hepatus tang is a significantly larger tank

Want to add
1 sailfin tang three tangs, two of which are large in a 120 gallon tank will not work out well
1 tomini tang
2 true percula
1 flame angel
1 blue spotted jaw fish does best at cooler temperatures e.g. 75 F
1 diamond goby

Maybe a couple others if you have suggestions!

Thoughts?

Well I don't want to get rid of my blue :( so she's staying put.
Instead of adding the two other tangs would it be better to pick one and get something else instead? Or not get any more tangs? How many fish can comfortably fit in a 120?

Well I don't want to get rid of my blue :( so she's staying put.
Instead of adding the two other tangs would it be better to pick one and get something else instead? Or not get any more tangs? How many fish can comfortably fit in a 120?

My advice would be no more tangs. It is impossible to say how many fish can comfortably fit in a 120 gallon tank since it depends on fish size, ecological niche, and fish personality/behavior. But keep in mind, this is only advice and you are free to do whatever you wish with your tank. And, of course, free advice is worth what you pay for it. :spin3:

I have a 150 gallon just set up with a nac9 skimmer and 150-160 pounds of live rock that I'm aquascaping today. I'm going to be letting my tank cycle for another few weeks.
I want to know if I will have any problems with having a dragonet or two(mated pare), flame angle, clown fish, sexy shrimp, potters angle, black cap basslet, sapphire damsel, and fox face. Would the bio load be to much for my system? I also wanted to know what I should include in my cuc and how many I should have?

I have a 150 gallon just set up with a nac9 skimmer and 150-160 pounds of live rock that I'm aquascaping today. I'm going to be letting my tank cycle for another few weeks.
I want to know if I will have any problems with having a dragonet or two(mated pare), flame angle, clown fish, sexy shrimp, potters angle, black cap basslet, sapphire damsel, and fox face. Would the bio load be to much for my system? I also wanted to know what I should include in my cuc and how many I should have?

Assuming that your tank matures for 9 months, your fish stocking list should be fine from a bioload perspective. A black cap basslet will compete with your dragonets for copepods. Since this thread is about marine fish compatibility, your questions about CUC should be asked elsewhere.

Dotty back is winning. Can I add more fish or am I at the max?

It is best to always reiterate your initial stocking list as I have done (literally) thousands of these and cannot remember who has what. I did check back on your current fish list. Unless you fix the issues I mentioned, I would not add additional fish. Remove two clowns and the dottyback first.

Fishing Season Soon

Fishing Season Soon

I have a Biocube 29 HQI system- stock pump, uv sterilizer, refugium- layer of LR Rubble and Chaeto, 22lbs of Tukani LR, 40lbs of LS.
Fish Wish List
1 Clown fish percula, Yellowtail Damsil, Royal Gramma, Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

CUC will be snails,snails and more snails with a snapper shrimp for goby

I have a Biocube 29 HQI system- stock pump, uv sterilizer, refugium- layer of LR Rubble and Chaeto, 22lbs of Tukani LR, 40lbs of LS.
Fish Wish List
1 Clown fish percula, Yellowtail Damsil, Royal Gramma, Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

CUC will be snails,snails and more snails with a snapper shrimp for goby

That list will work fine.

[welcome]

It is best to always reiterate your initial stocking list as I have done (literally) thousands of these and cannot remember who has what. I did check back on your current fish list. Unless you fix the issues I mentioned, I would not add additional fish. Remove two clowns and the dottyback first.

My apologies. Clowns have been removed.
Here is the current list.
2 clowns, male lyretail anthias, yasha goby, mystery wrasse, dotty back.

50gallon cube with skimmer,liverck, chaeto. I want to add a yellow coris or six line because I have a small planarian flat worm issue. Mystery wrasse current very docile as he is getting plunked by the dotty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back