please take a look and join, if you're on fb and disgusted w/ the show 'tanked'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the tanks still running? I have been told by a friend that want there that most of the tanks are not even set up anymore.

Are the tanks still running? I have been told by a friend that want there that most of the tanks are not even set up anymore.

That is normal in keeping aquariums. I see it in my local club, pepole come in with the best ideas, spend a ton of money and in a few years are gone, either cost, or something unexpected forces them out of the hobby. ATM builds the tanks, it is up to the owner to keep up with it.

Without reading any one elses comments, I don't think I can agree with you. While the show may be stupid, the team in general knows there stuff and they know if very well. The show is to make money, not to be practical. You are putting waaay too much thought into it...it is just a TV show man. Let it go!! :deadhorse:

Agreed :).. This will do nothing but waste time.. Real world people don't care.. Environmentalists and hobbies care. Also you can tell by the responses in this thread and all the others about tanked and It's not even a 50/50 of people who like or dislike the show Most just really don't care..And as said before there is a lot you don't see, Just look at there supply tanks that are running at there retail store. To me they look like they know what they are doing and care..

It's just a show man and while I don't agree with the stocking choices and cycle in a bottle they actually are quality tank builders. I truly feel you are wasting your time but that's just my opinion.

If it gets people interested in this hobby and they are smart enough to get educated before they take on responsibility of owning/caring for marine animals, then they are doing good things for our hobby. Seems like a lot of people are able to find the right resources such as reef central to be able to dive in head first and flourish. If you are dumb enough to add water and fish, you are the kid from the fair that won a goldfish brought it home, put it near the window in direct sunlight and wonder why it doesn't swim any more. As a long time hobbyist I was concerned at first, but I think overall it can be good. Unfortunately, more often than not, this gets someone to go to a chain fish store and get even worse advice, the wrong livestock and equipment and we know how that goes.

Regardless of right or wrong, these dudes are making a living and there are people out there that what what they want, doesn't matter whether they should want it or not.

If businesses only provided what they "should" and not what the market "wants", we'd never see stuff like this:
doubledown.jpg

Damn!!! I liked that sandwich. They discontinued them around here!

IMHO All y'all (plural for y'all), who have wasted billions of electrons on this topic need to "wake up and smell the coffee." IT'S TV, ENTERTAINMENT FOR ...'s SAKE! Into what has our "educated" society devolved? Can't anyone realize that this is NOT reality? Do you all believe everything you see on TV? I spend enough time filtering out the bias on the evening news, FOX News, CNN, the newspaper (yes, I am still literate enough to read), to worry about a stupid "reality" TV show.

What's even worse, you are advocating censorship...it begins with a stupid TV show...next what will it be, what you can read...and so on.

And another thing....

And another thing....

By the way...

How many of you watch NFL football, a sport that supports a convicted felon of animal cruelty (who, by the way, is a spokesperson for an animal cruelty prevention society, and now owns a pit bull, again), several convicted men of domestic violence and rape, and even pays them millions of dollars? :hmm4: :hmm4:

Hypothetically, Has anyone here ever had a fish die either on the way to them or under their direct care? That could be considered bad practice. If so did you call everyone in the collection chain, or tear your tank down?No, because that would possibly put a hold on fish collection and we love our hobby above all else. there were just no cameras to blow what happened out of proportion. Just my opinion.

Hypothetically, Has anyone here ever had a fish die either on the way to them or under their direct care? That could be considered bad practice. If so did you call everyone in the collection chain, or tear your tank down?No, because that would possibly put a hold on fish collection and we love our hobby above all else. there were just no cameras to blow what happened out of proportion. Just my opinion.

Why hypothetically? A responsible reef keeper would leave the wild fishes in the wild and only use that which is domestically bred. :deadhorse1:

All I have to say before I unsubscribe, this is the internet. For all you know I invented the acrylic that makes the tanks. Everyone on this board claims to be an expert, yet most the people have their heads shoved so far up their I'm better than you so take what I say as gospel *** that reef central has become a joke.

Uhhh yah, we do. logic dictates that if you were Rohm or Haas and formed your business in 1907, your probably dead, and if not, probably not able to type :lol: both are dead.

Why hypothetically? A responsible reef keeper would leave the wild fishes in the wild and only use that which is domestically bred. :deadhorse1:
Then every single one of us is irresponsible. i can guarantee that at some point each of us has bought something wild caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back