Please tell me this is not ich!

Ab129

I just bought this anthias two weeks ago and put him through TTM. Put him in my DT tonight and noticed all these white spots on him.

Attachments

• IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    706.6 KB · Views: 37
I dont think thats ich, its eihter fungal or bacterial infection. I would get it into antibiotics and antifungal meds

I do see possible signs of HLLE (loss of scales leading to the back) but that to my knowledge doesn’t display that type of fungal or whatever it may be on the head

They did say to bind it to food pellets with focus so I would not be just treating the water.
I just don’t know what to do.
Should I try both at the same time- the ruby rally and the metroplex bound to food?
Unfortunately, Metroplex 'bound to Focus' doesn't prevent the Metro from getting into the system. Besides this, getting the exact correct dose is hit-or-miss. I've found the use of Medicated Flake Food to be slightly better than the Focus process. But, I'm not sure this is needed, since I can't make a good evaluation from the photo (see below).

Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies.

Lastly, I can't provide a good evaluation/diagnosis from the photo you provided. A video longer than one minute under white light up close to the fish, showing both sides of the fish would be helpful. You can upload the video to YouTube then post the link to it here.

I’ve been feeding the metroplex and he’s eating it pretty well for 5 days now. When should I expect to see any improvement, because so far there is none.
And getting a 1 minute long video of him is easier said than done lol!

Metronidazole (Metroplex is 70% Metronidazole) kills mostly surface parasites (like Brooklynella). Metronidazole (controls common bacterial infections in fish. This exerts a bactericidal action on gram positive and some gram negative bacteria) works best when dosed properly in food.

Internal eating treatment for 3 weeks. All of this is assuming this is Brook or a common bacterial infection. I'm still unsure about the diagnosis.

Give a video a try.

Good video! (y) Thanks.

It looks like bacterial tuffs or viral nodules. There is no particular treatment. Metronidazole isn't required, but you may continue the treatment.

What really needs to be done is clean the tank substrate, make sure water is of a pristine quality, reduce stressors (e.g., tank mates) on the fish, and lastly, focus on the best nutrition.

Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for this (and all) fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies. Directions for its use and quantity is provided in the link.

My water quality is actually excellent, despite the red cyano I am battling right now.
You are 100% right about me needing to clean the substrate though. I have tried siphoning through a filter sock and manual removal but the siphon doesn’t seem to be strong enough to get a lot of stuff out.

Back