Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14847415#post14847415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Yep, its one of the slower growing chalices out there :(

The funny thing was that when I first got it, it put on a growth spurt. Then it just parked itself in neutral since then :mad:

My most precious frags on our last vacation.........

Picture292.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Those are the best looking frags you've ever posted. Growing like weeds too I'll bet!

Thats cool.My boy is now 16 months and I am thinking he needs a sibling. If I remember right your Avatar is your nephew.

Somewhere around 2 years apart is good. At least that worked out for us. That's actually my son in the avatar when he was one, eating his first birthday cake. He sure has changed a lot in the last 4 years.

New toy I picked up today :D It's replacing the MRC kalk reactor, which was an older style with the stirrer bar and the motor died. They no longer carry replacement parts. Oh well, too bad.

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

Very nice Kenny. Thanks for sharing the family pics. Sometimes we focus way too much on what happens in our tanks rather than what helps us enjoy them :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14870987#post14870987 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Very nice Kenny. Thanks for sharing the family pics. Sometimes we focus way too much on what happens in our tanks rather than what helps us enjoy them :)

Hence the reason I have things automated as much as possible using the most reliable equipment available. Oh yeah, a trusted and knowledgeable friend to check on the tank also helps :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14871647#post14871647 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by erics3000
How do you do your top off kenny? I look froward to seeing how you set up your new one

The top off is done via a Tunze Osmolator feeding the kalk reactor. It's been working out fine since day one. Ca and Alk levels have been pretty stable with both the kalk and Ca reactors running simultaneously. There is also a back up Osmolator that feeds straight to the sump in case the first one fails.

Ok so all your topoff goes to the kalk reactor? What pump do you use that feed the kalk reactor the 1 in the tunze kit? Trying to get a good understanding. I have a new kalk reactor had to travel for training. i want to get what I need so I can get my Kalk and topoff situated. Thanks for the info..

Yes, 100% of the topoff water goes through the kalk reactor. The pump on the Tunze Osmolator is enough to push water through. It's a bit slower than without but hasn't been a problem.

On the old MRC, there are 1/4" JG quick disconnects for the water inlet and outlet, so it was pretty easy to hook up. Haven't really look at the GEO in detail yet so will have to figure out the connections as I go. Shouldn't be too complicated. I'll try and shoot some pix when it's hooked up and running.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14882632#post14882632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Sneak peek of some new fish that will be added to the tank :D

IMG_4806.jpg

OK, now I'm really jealous!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back