Pooky's 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14579789#post14579789 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
I am old school and was was born in China. Bad combination :lol:

:p I am only two generations off a boat from Italy. I appreciate many of the values of teh older generations, but I am sure there is another forum for that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14579798#post14579798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
I'll eventually get one for my tank but don't really want more than that since they are pricey and may fight each other.

I would hope they get along better in a larger tank with more room to call their own. I had my 3 holding in a 40G tank for about 8 months and I was surprised that when I went to move them into another system, all 3 were still there. One is certainly the dominant one, but I hope they settle down when the finally get in the 268G here in the next month. They are going in about dead last with my Bellus pair as they can all be snotty to other fish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14580017#post14580017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
:p I am only two generations off a boat from Italy. I appreciate many of the values of teh older generations, but I am sure there is another forum for that.

I actually came off a boat! Or at least that's what other kids asked when I was younger :rolleyes:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14580285#post14580285 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SaraB
I would hope they get along better in a larger tank with more room to call their own. I had my 3 holding in a 40G tank for about 8 months and I was surprised that when I went to move them into another system, all 3 were still there. One is certainly the dominant one, but I hope they settle down when the finally get in the 268G here in the next month. They are going in about dead last with my Bellus pair as they can all be snotty to other fish.

I agree that with a larger tank it might be true. But also remember that my tank is pretty wide open. I don't have the usual amount of rocks and caves like most do. My eventual fish stocking list is to hit 75-80+ total. Granted, most of them will be on the smaller side. It just doesn't leave much room for all of them to sleep and hide in if harassed. I don't believe they are a naturally schooling fish anyways although I could be wrong.

IMG_3774.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14586273#post14586273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
I agree that with a larger tank it might be true. But also remember that my tank is pretty wide open. I don't have the usual amount of rocks and caves like most do. My eventual fish stocking list is to hit 75-80+ total. Granted, most of them will be on the smaller side. It just doesn't leave much room for all of them to sleep and hide in if harassed. I don't believe they are a naturally schooling fish anyways although I could be wrong.

Mine is pretty wide open too, so I hope they all get along! I typically see them hiding under ledges and not schooling at all ... just chasing :eek1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14586428#post14586428 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SaraB
Mine is pretty wide open too, so I hope they all get along! I typically see them hiding under ledges and not schooling at all ... just chasing :eek1:

Are you pretty much done with your aquascaping? You have way less rocks than I do.

The last photo update I did on my thread is how it is staying. I just moved 6 larger LPS corals into the tank and I'm trying to place them in the sand next to the rocks to try and give a bit more hiding room near the sand for the wrasses. I know it looks wide open now, but I'm hoping to fill it in with some key Acro's on the shorter rock areas.

I'll have to update my thread soon. The exterior of the tank is looking a bit ghetto as my hinges stopped working and the front door is being re-worked. Also had a ballast go out on Sunday and I just got a replacement that has to sit on the floor with cords running all over ... it never ends!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14587945#post14587945 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SaraB
... it never ends!

LOL........then what's the fun in that? :lol:

Come on now, nothing could have been more ghetto than my previous white PVC light rack. Now that was a rack anyone would be ashamed to sport :eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14591476#post14591476 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
Come on now, nothing could have been more ghetto than my previous white PVC light rack. Now that was a rack anyone would be ashamed to sport :eek2:

Thats a great point Sara :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14578586#post14578586 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reeferpnoy
I wish you the best.. Nice fish but the one I saw on this morning thru email is :eek:

:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14573441#post14573441 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Man, I'm either really stupid or I'm not up to date on my coral letters

I want an "M", an "F" and a "RCC" :lol2:

I have no idea what this BS means but Ill take a M&F from RCT!! :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14591593#post14591593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian

I have no idea what this BS means but Ill take a M&F from RCT!! :D

You're the one that has both the "m" & the "f". I should be asking you ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14591953#post14591953 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
You're the one that has both the "m" & the "f". I should be asking you ;)

Everyone has them MFs except me :mad2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14594271#post14594271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian
Still have no idea what that means............. :confused:

Me too now I am lost.. I started that letter thing but now I can't figure it out :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14594271#post14594271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ian
Still have no idea what that means............. :confused:

Neither do I. Just playing along blindly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back