Possible workshop for an upcoming meeting???

Thats two... and maybe Jarrett. But that will defeat the purpose of using the biopellets now wouldn't it. From my understanding, you do need nitrates and P04 for the pellets to work. :frog:

I don't know as I do not use Biopellets.

join the dark side....lol

When I realized that I need $300.00 worth of pellets for my system, I started looking for another option. I bought one of those reactors from someone that is getting out of the hobby, and looked for that thread to figure out how it works. While reading the thread, I thought of you guys ;)

I think you may need to downsize Larry. LOL!! I hope you didn't think I was shooting this idea down! Trust me, I believe this idea is a great alternative into helping with some of the issues we face with our DT and Thank You for posting it here so we can take a look.

I know alot of people are using those probiotics and I really don't know if the 2 used in conjunction will render one or the other useless. That's why I ask. I know I heard and read somewhere that in order for the Pellets to work it must have trates aswell. Guess that's why your going to head the workshop along with Harry!! Your in with us too!! For the long haul! LOL! So See ya in March @ Play!!

Anyone else know more info? Please chime in too.

hey im in, that looks awesome and easy to build, i have all the taps as well.. (being a technician helps, haha)

lets do it... stupid question.. what is the media used? where do you get it and how long does it last before it needs to be replaced?

The taps have to be pipe thread.
The media is sulfur, most get it from Marine Depot, IIRC, and then ca reactor media (course aragonite) used to boost the PH of the effluent.

Back