Problems getting your fish fat?

There is a Asian market not too far away from me who sell 10 sheets unroasted Nori for like $1.90 for each pack and my fish love it. :) Here is a picture of it.
2gub9dh.jpg

hsqjoz.jpg

2ai0oy9.jpg

I have heard it is okay to use as long as there is no soy flavoring added etc. Also, to soak some and watch for any oiling top the water as they sometimes use oil in processing it.

My main concern is the nutritional value of roasted over dried. Of course dried is better, but, if roasted is close then thats cool. I just do not want to feed them an empty calorie food like brine shrimp.

I was in an asian store called Lotte and did not see any "dried" nori, lol. I have a neew place that just opened up down the street. I will take a look in there too.

I get nori in the International section of the grocery store. One grocery store carries a green one and the other a reddish one. I've found them at Vons, Ralphs, Vons and Albertsons.

Although it could be differant, I wonder if "dried" and reaosted are actually one in the same? You know, dried by ..... roasting!? Hmmm....

Unfortionatly we dont have one of those around here. We have

Safeway
Giant
Shoppers food warehouse
Wagemans
Magruders
Lotte (asian market) *and I tried there.

They are tearing up the roasted though, so thats a good start. :)

Get the Spectrum Thera A pellets & he'll be filled out in a few months. My purple tang I've had for 16 years has never been more full bodied since I started feeding these almost exclusively the past year.

My tang never cared much for Nori & that stuff seems to go right through him anyways.

I used the Spectrum Thera A. Granted, I have no tangs, but all my fish are fat and happy. Jeff, see if you can find some Rod's Food locally. I picked up the herbivore blend and my fish go nuts for it.

Ingredients: Shrimp, Scallop, Oyster, Clam, Squid, Octopus, Perch, Green Nori seaweed (porphyra sp), Red unroasted nori seaweed (porphyra sp), Seaweed, Mysis, Pacific plankton (Euphausia sp.) Krill, Brine shrimp, Frozen red cyclops, Fish eggs, Oyster eggs, Golden pearls (all sizes), Broccoli, carrot, Garlic, Baby Spinach, Selco, Astaxanthin (Haematococus pluvialis), Beta-meal (Dunalliella Salina), Spirulina, Freshly harvested rotifers, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

http://www.rodsfood.com/

I've been feeding him at least every/other day for the past nine days or so and as much as he'll eat on the weekends with finely chopped shrimp and Kent Platinum herbivore reef pellets. He's looking much better now. Looking very filled out now just before lights are going to go out here in the next 15 minutes or so.

I am trying to feed them all the nori they want but I am starting to run into cloudy tank issues. Thats starting to worry me a little before I dump them into the main tank. The Atlantic chomps down on the mysis but, again, I am worried cause the powder nibbles the mysis but does not really dive into it like the Atlantic. I think I might need to finly chop the shrimp. The powder does not seem to like whole mysis from what I now think about it.

How is the spectrum thera A on cloudy-ing the tank?

Also, how fast do they lose weight? Seems one day, no matter how hard I look, my Powder is fat. I see no lateral bones from head to tail. I watch him for hours looking for it. Then, the exact next day after, there they are!? Nothing terrible, but you can see them.

This is a confusing tuesday, lol.

Back