Protocol for using antibiotics to treat infected anemones ~Added to 7/30/14

Yup, got lucky (so far!) with that one. I think someone dropped it the day before, unless they put two up on consecutive days.

Have a mag in treatment right now. Looked rough when he arrived. Day 2 so far and he hasnt deflated since. Starting to bleach a little and spew small amount of brown goo. Other than that fingers crossed.

Arrival day Feb 15th

Day 1 Feb 16th

Day 2 Feb 17th

Day 3 Feb 18th

Day 4 Today

He hasnt deflated since he arrived. Should I continue to treat or move to DT?

I would treat for 7 days. No antibiotic for 2 days, but still do full 100% water change. If he is OK then to DT. If there are no anemone in DT, then you can transfer after treatment.
He is looking good BTW. Hope he will do well for you.

Came home from work and he looked like this today. Its day 6 of treatment. Should i be concerned?

Tentacles on left side are deflated but right side look good. Body is still inflated. Mouth is closed tightly. Wife said he was out wide all day and just recently closed in. Did a 100% water change.

They ball up like that occasionally. It could be trying to expel the last bit of dead zoox. I wouldn't be too concerned, unless the tentacles deflate.

When they ball up like that I don't count as deflated. Of course they have to deflate to get the tentacles into the body. That is IMO very different from deflation. I would not be too worry scout it

I'm sorry if it was posted, I didn't see it. Are we doing a water change daily, or just if we see cloudy water. I am going to be in treatment for a haddoni today and just want to make sure I have have everything down.

Thanks!

100% of water should be change daily, plus when it become cloudy with discharge from sick anemone. Medication re added when you change water.

Started treatment. I know you said treatment should be added in the evening but I wanted to start as soon as possible. Tomorrow I will begin evening treatments. I will update with progress.

Here is day 1

How does it look? I know it's expelling some waste at the moment but it hasn't really inflated all the time. I have had it for a week now and it will inflate and deflate multiple times so I'm trying this.

It looks good. I see dead zoox (the brown clumpy stuff) in the tank. When you see it, it's best to remove it with a turkey baster.

So tonight will be day 6 of treatment. I have noticed it keeps its mount closed for the most part now and hasn't really deflated since day 4.

Last night though it looked limp, is this normal?

Pic please i0
Here is day 1

How does it look? I know it's expelling some waste at the moment but it hasn't really inflated all the time. I have had it for a week now and it will inflate and deflate multiple times so I'm trying this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would be concern with the cloudy water, meaning he had large discharge. He looks contracted but not deflated.

Back