Purple carpet!

Thanks! Yep, I swapped clowns a lot until I got exactly what I wanted (picassos). I plan on keeping them :)

Wow - that is so beautiful... I think that is my dream anemone - purple is my favorite color... I think I'm going to need a bigger tank though! LOL - a 29 isn't going to do it! :) What do you all think the minimum size would be?

Thanks Kim :)
A 4' tank would be the minium size that I would keep one in. When happy the can really expand!! I actually feel like mine needs more open space. I have contemplated removing some rocks/corals to give it more room.

Great - thanks for that info! I think I'm going to work towards dedicating a tank to one in the future!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11768019#post11768019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Doni
I use a Nikon D80 with the stock lense 18-55 mm nikkor.
Tips? hummm...

It's digital I assume? It isn't a point and shoot either is it? I have a cannon powershot A250 (I think). If has a bunch of diff settings but only one that's without flash. And the one without flash doesn't zoom in well at all and everything becomes blurry. There's not much that can be done about it because I don't think I can manually change the settings.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11768019#post11768019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Doni

Practice, practice, practice
Plan on getting only a few good photos for every 100 you take
Use the delete button often ;)
Don't get discouraged
Play with different settings
Avoid using the flash
Use a tripod

I've been practicing with this camera on my tanks since april of 2005. I do delete most of the pictures I take. I don't have a tripod for my digital camera. My 35mm manual film camera has one. But it also does not focus well close up. It becomes blurry.

Yes, it is a digital SLR camera. I am not patient enough for a film camera. Read your camera's manual to find if there is a 'macro' setting.

Doni, please PM me your address. And a good time to come steal your anemone :D. The drive to NC will be mighty long, but I think it's worth it!

Fabulous find BTW, and a great price. I am sure I won't be the first person to say "if you ever want to sell it, let me know". Nice clowns too.

Re: Added clownfish

Re: Added clownfish

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8720927#post8720927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Doni
Well, my percula clowns prefer to stay in the euphyllia corals :rolleyes: so I picked up a skunk clown a few weeks ago. It took to the carpet within 2 days :)

20061210-skunkpicmacro.jpg

This is a great shot!!!

Thanks for the compliments!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11776076#post11776076 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquaruki
Doni, please PM me your address. And a good time to come steal your anemone :D. The drive to NC will be mighty long, but I think it's worth it!

Fabulous find BTW, and a great price. I am sure I won't be the first person to say "if you ever want to sell it, let me know". Nice clowns too.

Hehe.. well, I might have sold it yesterday if someone had cash in hand!
It decided to wedge its foot between two large rocks and caused a rock slide :mad: I had to remove a large rock slab to make room where the haddoni was...GRRRRR~~
....But this morning, I think I am liking the new aquascaping :)

Yeah, that has been "sold" for a while. I saw that one in person and believe it to have been a gigantea.

Here is a pic I took today after I rescaped a bit. The water is a bit murky still
(There are no fish because the reef is going through a 12 week fallow period and my fish are in a hospital tank)

20080210rescaping013.jpg

Back