Green Sarmentosis
IMG_6885.jpg

Blue Tort
IMG_6538.jpg

Indigo Pearlberry
IMG_6909.jpg

Violet Valida
IMG_6182.jpg

Personally enjoyed the ROYGBIV of the first post! and Mark your tank is breathtaking! The tips of the tabeling coral are out of this world!

Great idea for a thread.
chessmanmark & mark728, gorgeous colors you have there! Either of you have some equally gorgeous water chemistry to share with the group?

Great idea for a thread.
chessmanmark & mark728, gorgeous colors you have there! Either of you have some equally gorgeous water chemistry to share with the group?

Hi my water specs are just old school big skimmer lots of light I use a Octo Extreme 250, now I use 2 250w 10k Reeflux and in center of them a 400w 20k reeflux and some Uri super actnics and a Fiji purp,Ati blue + for salt Seachem reef salt hands down great salt for the money but you must mix the bucket very good roll it around and flip in over for a couple of minutes ,when my colors get lighter I dose some Zeovit Amino Acids till my colors darken up and I also feed my 7 fish heavy 4 to 5 times a day I do not dose any bacteria nor any carbon source,I have no unwanted algae but I feel that the skimmer being so over-sized lets me overfeed and also keep my tank and water clean .And for 2 weeks out of the month I run a little GFO in a small reactor if I use i for the whole month my corals get to light for me I like the darker color to my sps .Wait till I get my new camera those pics don't do my tank justice I have a 160$ Nikon point & shoot I'm using the focus on that camera is out of whack.

ALK 9 TO 10 DKH
CAL 520
MAG 1550
PH 8.20 TO 8.45
TEMP 76 TO 79
SALINTY 1.024

also a pic of the skimmer and sump
dscn4213t.jpg

rock3octo250skimmertp6.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice looking tank Mark, makes me rethink my 24/7 GFO use

I like the ROY G. BIV individual shots from the first post

Great idea for a thread.

Water changes. I change a minimum of 10 gallons a week on my 90 gallon tank with 29 gallon sump.

what is the name of the table looking one on the left? I would very much like a frag of it.
That's my blue tip efflo ,I will keep you on my frag list as it gets a little bigger I will be fragging sometime around Feb .

Thanks, Elan

Hi my water specs are just old school big skimmer lots of light I use a Octo Extreme 250, now I use 2 250w 10k Reeflux and in center of them a 400w 20k reeflux and some Uri super actnics and a Fiji purp,Ati blue + for salt Seachem reef salt hands down great salt for the money but you must mix the bucket very good roll it around and flip in over for a couple of minutes ,when my colors get lighter I dose some Zeovit Amino Acids till my colors darken up and I also feed my 7 fish heavy 4 to 5 times a day I do not dose any bacteria nor any carbon source,I have no unwanted algae but I feel that the skimmer being so over-sized lets me overfeed and also keep my tank and water clean .And for 2 weeks out of the month I run a little GFO in a small reactor if I use i for the whole month my corals get to light for me I like the darker color to my sps .Wait till I get my new camera those pics don't do my tank justice I have a 160$ Nikon point & shoot I'm using the focus on that camera is out of whack.

ALK 9 TO 10 DKH
CAL 520
MAG 1550
PH 8.20 TO 8.45
TEMP 76 TO 79
SALINTY 1.024

I have seen that in my own tank as well, boosting the Mg higher than 1300 seems to keep the algae away. Though my corals are just starting to color up after many years of brown and/or pale.

Always nice to see others' water parameters. Thanks for sharing.

Sunny

Mark add me to that list for the blue tip and also would love a frag of that red with purple tip acro you can see in that same shot!

Back