Question about Evergrow LED light's

Kearnel

My question has to do with size or more to the point, appropriate size for my tank. The LED light's I currently use are junk, plenty powerful just an awful set of lights, no control, no nothing, just on or off. I want to replace with the Evergrow units but not sure what size. I'm currently running 2 36 inch units to light my 120 reef so I was going to buy 2 of the IT2080. Is this to much, I know I can ramp it down but after blowing almost a 1k on garbage light's a little over a year ago cost DOES matter, especially to my banker or what some of us call our wife. Would the IT2060 work good or is that just insufficient for a 120. My needs are fairly basic, nor a lot in the realm of corals cause I hate the light's I have but I'm not really into the extreme stuff, I'm a place it and let it be kind of person. In other words simple corals with basic needs.

Two of the IT2060s is a fine solution. My 120 is lit by a Photon48 which is basically a pair of 2060s in one case with a single controller. If your tank is 48x24x24 I suggest you consider 90 degree optics and go 12" or a little more above the water. Good Luck!

The tank is actually 72 long, what's the deal with optics and changing them from 90 to 120 or the other way around. I fee stupid for asking these questions cause I've been doing this for so long but LED lights are tricky, some look good on paper but are total garbage........ Like mine.

Have you looked at the reef breeders? They may cost a little more or maybe they won't but I have them over my tank and they are great

I have seen them, more or less the same thing. The reason I'm looking at the Evergrow units is because I can get them right here in Canada. Makes things a little easier.

90 optics mean more depth penetration with less spread and 120 give you more spread with a little less penetration. I am currently using both Evergrow and Reef Breeders and both work well. All my units have 90 degree optics and I have them ramped down as to not burn my corals. I will be upgrading to two Photon 32s over my 125 for better control.

there is a group buy on the reef breeders right now you could also get the new gen T247 light I believe they are 200 bucks very popular right now manual dimming two channels the more advance lights give you much better control.

Last edited:
there is a group buy on the reef breeders right now you could also get the new gen T247 light I believe they are 200 bucks very popular right now manual dimming two channels the more advance lights give you much better control.

Can you please post the link to the group buy page. Thanks.

The group buy does sound good, I worry a bit about warranty issues being in another country could make it difficult for repairs if needed and when I do order stuff internationally FedEx always feels the need to give me a bill with my item, it's a legitimate charge but a very annoying one to. Like above poster said, post the link for us to check out.

I think I'm just going to stick with the Evergrow units simply due to location but I must ask before I order the units, based on my brief description, 2 of these units will be plenty sufficient for my needs? I just don't want to make the same mistake twice cause there's no way I'd get the green light for another set and I don't blame her one bit.

The group buy does sound good, I worry a bit about warranty issues being in another country could make it difficult for repairs if needed and when I do order stuff internationally FedEx always feels the need to give me a bill with my item, it's a legitimate charge but a very annoying one to. Like above poster said, post the link for us to check out.

We are located in the usa, the group buy is run through us and the lights ship from and are warrantied at our warehouse in connecticut

Back