Reef Octopus "POV" PRO-SSS-DC1 thoughts?

Mine works great till I feed PE mysis. It shuts down for about 5 to 6 hours. This about a weeks worth.

image.jpg

Johnny that's sweet. Mine is getting there I can't wait to see it pulling crap like yours out

Im telling you it has to be partly because i have the bottom of the skimmer exposed on that stand. It just seems like there would be so little room between the bottom and the floor if is was not on a egg crate stand or another stand with an opening where the pump inlet is.

That is very interesting!
You could find out if you have a P3 meter to measure the wattage. If it is being restricted you will notice a change in wattage.

i got the DC2 a few weeks ago
and having trouble getting it dialed in
it says Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6.5"
mine is in about 8.5 could that be it how important is Recommended Water Depth
how much + or - is there on Water Depth

i have always ran external skimmers in the past
so the in the sump thing is kinda new for me

Yes, get it as close to 6.5 as you can.

So everyone seems to be out of stock until at least April. Does anyone know of anyplace with them in stock at this time?

Also, it kind of makes me wonder what is going on with the delay in getting product out to distributors. Pump issues? Design issues? Just issues getting supplies? I hate know knowing what is going on...

Mine is in 7. It took turning my pump up all the way to get it going really good. Make sure you drop the bubble rise right at the collar of the neck. You only want to see pee sized bubbles in the neck. Took about three weeks for mine to settle down.

So everyone seems to be out of stock until at least April. Does anyone know of anyplace with them in stock at this time?

Also, it kind of makes me wonder what is going on with the delay in getting product out to distributors. Pump issues? Design issues? Just issues getting supplies? I hate know knowing what is going on...
It takes a little time after Chinese New Year for company's to stock up again.

quick question, i am building a 265g +75g sump

should i go with the dc2 or dc3? im thinking dc3 based on the price difference

Try fragtasticreef.com

UPDATE: This was NOT Fragtasticreef!!! My mistake! It was Reef Specialty instead. My apologies to Fragtasticreef.

They show them in stock on their website, but they are actually out of stock. I originally placed an order for one over the weekend and they called on Monday to let me know it was back ordered. I wasn't too happy with his answer on why the website still shows them in stock if they know they are out of stock either.

I just got off the phone with Premium Aquatics. They are out also. His explanation is basically the initial shipment was small and now the follow up shipment is larger, but is the classic "slow boat from China".

I guess I get to wait, or go with a different skimmer.

Last edited:
They show them in stock on their website, but they are actually out of stock. I originally placed an order for one over the weekend and they called on Monday to let me know it was back ordered. I wasn't too happy with his answer on why the website still shows them in stock if they know they are out of stock either.

I just got off the phone with Premium Aquatics. They are out also. His explanation is basically the initial shipment was small and now the follow up shipment is larger, but is the classic "slow boat from China".

I guess I get to wait, or go with a different skimmer.

Its worth waiting for if you can wait. especially if you have a tight space in your sump.

A decent amount of online websites don't do a good job of having real-time inventory.

<------ ecommerce web developer

Especially if they have 2 different databases, one for the store and one for the web. If they aren't using some software to sync store to web and back it all has to be done manually.

Some will also choose to not show out of stock to capture the sale and hope the customer will wait until the product comes in.

Back