Reef Tank Sale

Drewpy

Would like to find a good home for tank. Mom is getting older, had shoulder surgury, and I had to move for work. There is literally everything you need for an advanced reef tank. The tank is a 45 gallon bow front glass tank. About 3 feet wide, a foot deep on the sides, extending to a 18 inches deep in the middle (the bowed effect). It is wood patterned finished on base and rim/collar with a matching wood stand. The lighting system is HO (high output) fluorscent bulbs totalling 156 watts. The balasts are new as are the bulb clips. Their is also mounting legs (does not have to be hung) and acrylic bulb shield to keep salt of the bulbs.

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5...nch__4x39W_Tek_Light_T5_High-Output_Fixture_w!_Bulbs

HO lighting is the best bang for the buck, HO bulbs as opposed to compact fluorscent are normal tubular shape -- last twice as long 12-18 months-- without the bulbs changing spectrum. Their thin diameter allow much better reflection of the light into the tank and provide metal halide like lighting power in tanks that are not exceptionally deep (under 24 inches deep-- like mine) without the high cost of heavy wattage metal halides. They run cooler so replacement is less frequent, you have multiple bulbs (4) so you change the lighting scheme (hues/colors) how you see fit unlike halides.

The light supports the most light intensive corals (sps, lps) or clams (crotia) so long as they are in the top half of the water column. The will survive being lower in the tank, but colors will not be as vibrant over time. The light is intense enough where lower light demanding corals such as mushrooms prefer to be shaded even on the bottom of the tank.

The protein skimmer is a turboflotor multi that can hang on the tank or be placed in a sump. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8185 Designed for 200+ gallon tanks it does the job very well. The skimmer was dropped by my mother who had a shoulder problem and cracked but she has fixed the leak. Not pretty but perfectly functional

I also have a hang on refugium: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3618 the medium sized one.

Also two hang on magnum filters: If you want to run carbon or fine filter the water occationally. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3597

The sump is a standard sump for that size aquarium. 15 gallons i think. Has all attachments and pump needed.

Ditigal display titanium heater. very nice.

Miscellanious wave makers, power heads, and various pumps. Enough to meet or surpass any water movement goals.

4 stage (best out you can get ) Reverse Osmosis system. with TDS meter. With float valves and custom water storage tank with heater and air pump/stone. Basically makes water without you doing anything but adding salt. No need to turn on or off. Leak and over flow proof 5 years. so simple.

several timers for lights. manual and digital w/ battery back up.

I also have a lot of miscellenous stuff:

Full line of seachem reef calcium and carbonate/alkaline addtions. Powder and liquid forms. basically everything you would ever want

- Frozen Mysis Shrimp - almost a pound-- very high quality/name brand. Other flaked foods, pellet foods, etc...

- Some smaller 10 gallon tanks with small filters for new arrivals/quaratine tanks. With 65 watts compact fluorscent light-- enough for any new corals/clam you quaratine before adding to main tank. heater as well.

- fragging tray
- five gallon bucket full of live sand.
- Five gallon bucket or tonga/figi live rock various sizes for fragging or whatever.
- plankton growing kit

FISH and CORALS:

All fish and corals have been quarantine for two months to ensure health before ever added to main tank. Fish are treated with hypo-salinity during that time gurantee ick parasite removal which is inevitably on them from pet store/dealers. Unlike any fish/corals you buy at at the store-- i can gurantee you these fish and corals are 100% healthy. If you continue to quarantine new arrivals they will stay that way and you will enjoy the tank very much!

Gold striped Maroon clown fish, six line wrasse, small green clown goby, neon. Think that is it..

coral banded shrimp, sea urchin, some snails, hermit crabs...

All living in coraline encrusted -- 50 pound or so -- tonga/figi live rock.

Mixed corals: sps, lps, and soft. Many have grown to great size and beauty. frogspawn (lps) coral, lots of zooanthids, acupora sps corals, other various sps corals, various leather corals (soft corals), yellow figi, other soft corals, mushrooms, others to i can't remember.

I'll sell the whole lot for $1100 . Literally thousands of dollars in equipment and critters listed. let me know and I'll even make a trip back home to help you pick up and safely set up the tank in your house no charge. A day of free help-- i moved tanks multiple times with no problems.

Drew

You can make me offers to part out seperately. Send to drewmazzeo@yahoo.com. Avoid the forum as i never check it. Won't part out essential items obviously unless critters are sold first. And want to see if someone will buy all first.

older picture of tank with stand
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/89862beaver_lodge_031.jpg

Back