Reefbreeders/(Evergrow OEM) Fixtures D120/IT20** series

the 32 is a little out of my price range at the moment...hmm I may be better off getting cash for my birthday and saving some more

I ordered 2 IT2080 do to reading these threads and having Travis and Bhazard help me out a lot. I will be getting my lights shortly and can't wait. Keep up the good work guys

What all can the controller do? I am trying to figure out if it's worth getting the 32 inch fixture or if I should just buy 2 of the cheaper models. Any opinions?

It's probably cheaper to get the 32".

The controller is basic. It can do sunrise/sunset, and you can set the intensity of the leds for every half hour. It also has moonlights and an IR remote control.

I really want to put the 32" RB on my 75gal reef

8ygu5edu.jpg

Give it a shot. The tank already looks good, so it'd be interesting to see.

What combo of fixtures would you use to light a 48x30x22 or 60x30x22?

Thank you.

For the first one, 2 32" controllable fixtures, or 3-4 value fixtures. For the second, 4 24" controllable fixtures, or 4 value fixtures, with the value fixtures, you would be stretching the coverage a bit. The 30" width makes it hard to cover with just one row of fixtures, unless you turned them sideways.

I have a 90 gallon oceanic tech. It has standard 90 gal dimensions (48" x 18" x 24"), but with an opaque eurobrace so there is no center brace. Also, I have a DSB, so the max depth is actually only ~18". I do have a couple deresa clams on the sandbed. It's a mixed reef, but mostly LPS & softies w/ a few SPS at the top.

Would a single IT 2080 be sufficient? I was thinking I could put it pretty close to the water w/ 120 deg optics for coverage.

Originally Posted by tinkerman
Why do the pics of the it2080 look like they have a pink hue to them? Is it just the pic or is it that way in person?

Its overblown in the pics, but there is a slight purple tinge to them. I used 10 violets instead of the normal 8, and 6 reds instead of the normal 4. I might remove some in the future to see if it makes it go away.

I only put 6 reds and 4 UV in my IT2080 and I don't see any red or purple tint to mine. I'm also getting some 120 degree lenses to put on the moonlights and all the non blue/white leds (ie. red, green, violet and UV). The nem tank on the right has the same number of reds in a smaller light (half as many leds) and the tank is very purple anyway due to coraline and a purple/red macro algae.

Jan62013FTSnewledlightsR1.jpg

Wow! I was getting driven away from the LED side because of that dreadful pink that seems to show up in every Tank that has the "full spectrum" led count...I have been researching on the reef breeders site and anywhere I can get info. I would prefer halides, but the heat is impossible for me to deal with. Picking up a 150 this week. Tagging along to see the how the red-pink look is on this thread! Thanx for posting!

While my pictures may Appear to have a purpleish tint. They do not in person. I dont edit my photos. Just point and snap. I am extremely happy with the results.

As far as Red Or Green Disco Ball effect. I have no such thing. I can put my hand under the fixture and try to find where the red lands in the tank on my highest rock. I see NO signs of red disco ball and that is with 90* Optics.

Wow! I was getting driven away from the LED side because of that dreadful pink that seems to show up in every Tank that has the "full spectrum" led count...I have been researching on the reef breeders site and anywhere I can get info. I would prefer halides, but the heat is impossible for me to deal with. Picking up a 150 this week. Tagging along to see the how the red-pink look is on this thread! Thanx for posting!
We fixed that issue by going from 4 reds to 2

Do you guys have a graph showing the spectral output now of your most current fixture? The value fixture w/ Bridgelux LED's?

Thank you

Do you guys have a graph showing the spectral output now of your most current fixture? The value fixture w/ Bridgelux LED's?

Thank you
No graph right now, but all of the LED wavelengths are listed on the site. We are waiting on the computer program to make the graph.

I really like these new LEDs. I just bou the nova A4's a few months back and don't know what I can get for them to upgrade.
Do you guys sell replacement LEDs to, maybe I can upgrade my spectrum
Corey

Back