Reefbreeders/(Evergrow OEM) Fixtures D120/IT20** series

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-2S_4ZKBbbs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

watch in hd!

In my layout i only have 2 red 660nm leds. I dont have a pink hue to my tank at all, This was taken over a month ago. Anemone is still doing good, better coloration too and bubbled. Also added some frags that have grown new polyps in a 2 weeks time period. I'll update with growth photos for those soon

With a standard 90 gallon tank with a center brace would the 32 inch fixture block to much light? Should I go with the value fixtures or the 32? I'm just thinking there may be a lot of wasted light.

With a standard 90 gallon tank with a center brace would the 32 inch fixture block to much light? Should I go with the value fixtures or the 32? I'm just thinking there may be a lot of wasted light.

our users have not had problems with bracing. iwould use 120degree optics

Quick question. When you guys say value/D120, you mean these lights?
http://reefbreeders.com/bridgelux_value.html

Also would 2 of these be good for a 75g tank with sps? 90deg optic?
I currently have par 38 60deg optics about 6-7 inches from water?
Thanks for the thread Im sure these lights are my next upgrade.

yes, they are the d120s. you would do well with 2 fixtures with 90 or 120 degree optics at 6-7" from the water.

For the first one, 2 32" controllable fixtures, or 3-4 value fixtures. For the second, 4 24" controllable fixtures, or 4 value fixtures, with the value fixtures, you would be stretching the coverage a bit. The 30" width makes it hard to cover with just one row of fixtures, unless you turned them sideways.

Thank you.

If turned sideways do you think the 24" controllable fixture would give good coverage? I was thinking two could be run on the 48x30 then three on the 60x30. Each would cover around an area around 30x24.

Thanks.

Thank you.

If turned sideways do you think the 24" controllable fixture would give good coverage? I was thinking two could be run on the 48x30 then three on the 60x30. Each would cover around an area around 30x24.

Thanks.

that would work with 120 degree optics.

I have a standard 180 72x24x24 with two braces. What would you suggest in the controllable series?
Mixed reef, LPS on bottom, SPS middle and top.

Last edited:
Im looking to switch over my lights to LEDs and was wondering if it would be better to go with the 2 value fixtures or the 32" controllable fixture for my 75gal with a center brace. Any input you guys could give would be helpful. Im looking to be able to keep everything (LPS, SPS, Clams)

Im looking to switch over my lights to LEDs and was wondering if it would be better to go with the 2 value fixtures or the 32" controllable fixture for my 75gal with a center brace. Any input you guys could give would be helpful. Im looking to be able to keep everything (LPS, SPS, Clams)

I've seen the 32" IT unit at bhazard's home...for the difference, I wouldn't even consider the non-controller units!

I've seen the 32" IT unit at bhazard's home...for the difference, I wouldn't even consider the non-controller units!

There's always room for improvements. Trying 430nm violets and 405nm violets mixed in with the standard 420s from a vendor I cant name because he was banned here.

Trying to get evergrow to make a 6 channel fixture. Reefbreeders is working on a 9 channel one with wireless control that sounds intriguing as well.

I am not sure about measurements. My tank is new with a single IT2040 from ReefBreeders. I just put the first corals in on Saturday. They open up and like it on the bottom. My lights are ~10" above the water. I am working on the custom programming as well for the light cycle.

If anyone has a good light cycle, please post.

What optics should I use on the 32" unit over a 75gal tank? And how far off the water do you thing I should have it?

That depends on the depth and length of the tank. I will assume you have a 4' wide tank. If you center it, that leaves 8" on each end of the light. Even though this light is bright, that is a lot of distance and depth to cover. I would say 120* on at least the outside edges. It is difficult to tell how far off the top of the tank. This light is BRIGHT. I don't see a need to run them over 50% of power. The higher you raise the, the more power you may need to add.

Beyond that, I cannot offer more detail. I am hoping to build the arduino PAR meter to see what the readings are on this light.

I am not sure about measurements. My tank is new with a single IT2040 from ReefBreeders. I just put the first corals in on Saturday. They open up and like it on the bottom. My lights are ~10" above the water. I am working on the custom programming as well for the light cycle.

If anyone has a good light cycle, please post.

I usually keep the blues 10-20% higher than the whites for most of the cycle. I go down about 5-10% every 30 minutes, and run at 100% for 2 hours.

bhazard, Thanks. I am tweaking my light setting, but I have not taken them over 60% since anything went into the tank. Right now, I have the blues about 10-15% points higher than the whites. I do want to get/make that Arduino PAR meter get readings on my tank. It will help for the light cycle.

Back