Reefbreeders/(Evergrow OEM) Fixtures D120/IT20** series

Does anyone have an answer as to whether the Reefbreeders Photon 48 is canopy mountable? We originally had no concerns with a canopy but recently switched our tank choice to one a 120 gallon with canopy so now we are in need of revising the light approach.

It depends on your canopy-
If you don't want to cut the top of your canopy for the fans, you need to leave some space above for them.
I used blocks made of two stacked 2x4s and mounted rails to them.
My canopy is home-made and I might have put it slightly higher, but I wanted the touch screens to be easy access. It worked out pretty well with all my wires tucked neatly up there too. I only wish I had a place to add additional t5s to the front w/out blocking the touch screens and without putting on the hinged area.
IMAG0089%201.jpg

IMAG0090%201.jpg

I have the original Photon 16...is there any kit out there where I can mount it on my tank? I currently having it hanging but that will not be possible in fureture for me :-\

I have found a few things out there, but they are about 150$ and at that point I would just but a new light kit that does tank mount.

I have a 23.5 cube.

Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ser

I've seen some make their own. IMHO you would be far better off starting a new thread in the DIY section rather than tagging on to the tail end of this huge and very old one.

Just got D120 and need your help guys

Just got D120 and need your help guys

Hey Ron. Im all the way in Jamaica and just received my Evergrow D120 lights. I noticed they dont really give that coral pop im expecting and to me all the blues look the same. Not sure if the nanometer range varies. I would really like to know what your customization of the leds is if youd be so kind? Like what new leds to order and where exactly they should go. Im a reef newb so ill give the light out to be resoldered after I buy the additional leds. Thanks brother.

I just picked up an evergrow IT2060 - I'm wondering about changing out some of the 90 degree optics for something wider for some of the colors other thank blue and white
anyone else do that, and where did you purchase your optics
Thanks

The big question to me is.
Is a IT5080 usable in a closed canopy tank?
I’m planning on a 100gal 35” long tank with mainly soft and LPS corals, maybe SPS in the future.

Well of course it can be in a closed canopy.
So if I remove the lenses on a 32" unit I can drop it to 2" above the water in a (35" long tank) closed canopy?
The humidity in a closed canopy is not an issue?

Ofcourse during the summer there will be ventilation to keep the water temperature in check but it is primarily for water temp not to cool/dry the leds

The leds have fans in them and they generate so little heat it's a non issue. 2 inches is quite close I would hang them at the very least 5.

The leds have fans in them and they generate so little heat it's a non issue. 2 inches is quite close I would hang them at the very least 5.
thnx for the response

5" because of potential splash or just for better spread?

in my freshwater I got my luxeon at about 2" and no disco effect noticeable, then again those are hyper violet anti-disco tri stars..

Back