Ring of Fire Zoanthid lighting question

I always start all polyps in the botto then slowly move them up several inches at a time every 2 weeks or so. to give them time to acclimate. the polyps will either get brighter or lighter. it will tell you if it's happy or not.

I purchased a small healthy frag on friday and they havent opened fully yet. all perams are in check and I have them on the bottom. Cant figue out what the problem may be.

Some polyps take a couple days to a couple of weeks to open and get used to your tank parameters. When you got them were they placed in the bottom directly under the lights???? not shaded

They were under t5's at the same depth and aprox distance from the light(direct light) I have them. They are now Under 150w halide & 40w actinic.

there isnt any hitchickers. They dont seem sick. You can see just a little of the orange. But just wont seem to open. Just worried about them is all.

Just an FYI I always noticed that when mine weren't getting enough light they would shape kinda like a cone "reaching" out for the light. When they are nice and happy they should lay flat out.

These arent shaped like a cones but thanks. They are shaped normal but have a little orange showing in the hole where the polyp opens.

Back