RocketEngineer's 30g

Well, since I keep having things growing on my sand, I made the leap and added a third MJ900 and a wavemaker. I also bought a small pump to put some movement into the sump since it was pretty low flow across the cheato. A couple days ago I increased the slot width for my overflow so that is moving more water without trying to flood my tank. With these changes I hope to see less of the tan algae on the rocks and hopefully the stuff that was settling in the rocks will be put into the water column.

Red Featherduster
RedFeatherduster.jpg

This little guy is one of several I have spotted in the tank but this is one is in the best place for taking a pic.

Just a quick update. Today I picked up a Rainford goby and a Yellow Coris wrasse from Dr. Mac. They both decided to disappear shortly after being put into the tank. Hopefully in the next few days they will decide to show themselves long enough for a good picture or two.

Nice looking tank RocketEngineer. Does that make you a rocket scientist?

The only suggestion I would make would be to add some sort of a blue or black background...but that's just me.

As far as the flatworms go, I'd use a product called Flatworm Exit made by Salifert. I used on my reef, no ill effects to any of the inhabitants...other then the flatworms of course. The flatworms themselves give off a toxin when they die, so if you have a really bad outbreak and something causes a significant die off, you could have some problems.

Well a couple days ago I spotted one of the margarita snails catching a ride on the big turbo snail.
BiggybackRider.jpg

And this morning the Rainford goby decided to make an appearance.
RainfordGoby1.jpg

Enjoy.

Well, the Coris wrasse decided to pick at some of the ocean plankton that I put into the tank tonight and the Rainford goby is munching on mouthfuls of sand and picking at the rocks. So for the time being, it looks like the two new additions are settling in.

Back